• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

#PetrinoForUSF

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

if he doesn't have the guy to run his system on the roster then please change the **** system to fit the guy you do have. that's what good coaches do.

Hard to disagree with this. Urban Meyer did it for Chris Leak.

good example. one of many

In college you have to put the players you have in position to succeed. You can't pick up fee agents to fit your system, you're getting untested commodities out of high school. The coach is supposed to figure out how to make everything fit.

any competent coach should be able to figure out how to use a player after 2+ years. he should know his strengths and weaknesses by now. BJ should not be dropping back 33 times a game. any novice can tell you that. they are forcing him to run their offense.

3 times as many passes as runs is ludicrous for his skill set.

Edited by Bull94

if he doesn't have the guy to run his system on the roster then please change the **** system to fit the guy you do have. that's what good coaches do.

And Tim Tebow

Those offenses on those National Championship squads couldn't have been more different.

Tebow was exactly the perfect QB for the offense Urban wanted to run. Urban once said that if they hadn't gotten Tebow to sign with UF that it would have set the program back decades. Probably some hyperbole there but probably some truth there too.

Urban would have won a 3rd if Cam newton had played for him there.

• Topic Count:  148
  • Content Count:  5,900
  • Days Won:  5

And Tim Tebow

Those offenses on those National Championship squads couldn't have been more different.

Tebow was exactly the perfect QB for the offense Urban wanted to run. Urban once said that if they hadn't gotten Tebow to sign with UF that it would have set the program back decades. Probably some hyperbole there but probably some truth there too.

Urban would still be winning at UF if he had BJ Daniels waiting to take over for Tebow. Daniels would have been a good fit for that offense.

And Tim Tebow

Urban would still be winning at UF if he had BJ Daniels waiting to take over for Tebow. Daniels would have been a good fit for that offense.

chris leak 365 passes 77 runs

4.74 pass:run ratio

tebow 298 passes 176 runs

1.69 pass:run ratio

that's adapting your system around a player.

BJ averages close to 3:1. he should be closer to tebows ratio than leak's

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  242
  • Days Won:  1

Holtz has been disappointing, but I am curious to see how he does once he has his own QB.

holtz has been using BJ as his scapegoat for 2+ years now.

everyone is expecting miracles from a kid that has played QB for 1+years at the high school level. I'm not sure it's realistic to think he will come in a turn this offense around.

You say it as if hes just a new QB. The dude won MVP at elite 11 when he wasnt even expected to make the top 11. And for the paysite lovers hes now the #2 dual threat QB behind a guy he beat out at the camp. And if you watch film from this year you can see how much better of a passer he is now and you can see why coaches have been raving about him. This kid is the whole package, unlike BJ

• Topic Count:  11
  • Content Count:  578
  • Days Won:  0

Holtz has been disappointing, but I am curious to see how he does once he has his own QB.

My disappointment has been that he has had a chance to get one in and has failed miserably so far. Included with that is our RB depth is null, our back 7 depth is nil, and we have never had one QB behind BJ that could even push him to better himself, or see the bench. Just wild. Here's my basic reaction when trying to figure it out:

Seinfeld.gif

• Topic Count:  148
  • Content Count:  8,044
  • Days Won:  9

And Tim Tebow

chris leak 365 passes 77 runs

4.74 pass:run ratio

tebow 298 passes 176 runs

1.69 pass:run ratio

that's adapting your system around a player.

BJ averages close to 3:1. he should be closer to tebows ratio than leak's

Truth, Urban probably would have had success with BJ.

Current meltdown aside. Skip has two years to do something with Woulard. If he can't do it with Woulard, he better be out.

• Topic Count:  60
  • Content Count:  4,078
  • Days Won:  2

Wait, Wasnt it just a couple of years ago everyone was telling me that CSH was THE guy to take the Bulls to the next level? That we HAD to get rid of CJL, so we could move forward? And as soon as the next guy who comes in you all will be telling me how HE is going to take us to the next level, until he loses that is.

Bring back CJL.

I remember. I was one who hesitated to even be critical of a decision or gameplan by the coach because I knew it would bring out all of the haters that wanted him gone (even before the scandal). They all said that he was the only one keeping USF from greatness! I guess not......

I would have plenty to say about the gameplan last night but I refuse to take part in a witch hunt.

Edited by Mission9

holtz has been using BJ as his scapegoat for 2+ years now.

everyone is expecting miracles from a kid that has played QB for 1+years at the high school level. I'm not sure it's realistic to think he will come in a turn this offense around.

You say it as if hes just a new QB. The dude won MVP at elite 11 when he wasnt even expected to make the top 11. And for the paysite lovers hes now the #2 dual threat QB behind a guy he beat out at the camp. And if you watch film from this year you can see how much better of a passer he is now and you can see why coaches have been raving about him. This kid is the whole package, unlike BJ

BJ was #8 dual threat.

he's played the position for 1+ year in high school. 1 skills camp means little. trust me if he starts to fly above radar he will get better offers and go somewhere else. what happens if skip whiffs on his messiah?

scout lists his weaknesses. pocket awareness and decision making. sound familiar?

the guy is a project. his stats last year were less than impressive.

• Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  172
  • Days Won:  0

College athletics is so much more than just winning.

Yes. Yes. Yes.

Admins can close this thread now.