• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

I need some football advice from the married Bulls out there...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  170
  • Content Count:  5,722
  • Days Won:  8

Horrible advise by most on here Sciencebull. Obviously you want to go to the first game of the season or you would not be reaching out. Is she aware that the concert is on the same day of the game?

• Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,473
  • Days Won:  25

If the beer is still cold, enjoy your wife.

• Topic Count:  76
  • Content Count:  6,712
  • Days Won:  17

No matter what you end up doing, take advantage of spending time together alone before you have kids. You will miss it.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,719
  • Days Won:  109

Seems like you are getting pretty sound advice from most. This game isn't worth the fight. Best advice I ever got and advice that I give out to friends that ask. "Pick your battles". Hell, I even missed opening game a couple of years ago for my daughter's wedding. Couldn't even tell you now who we played.

Been married 25 wonderful years, 35 total and 29 to the current wife. :Shhhh: I kid, I kid.

• Upvote 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  207
  • Content Count:  3,458
  • Days Won:  19

I am a devout Bulls worshipper but I wouldn't get divorced over a game with Chattanooga unless you were planning to split anyway. Happy wife, happy life.

• Topic Count:  731
  • Content Count:  10,367
  • Days Won:  40

Football would never interfere with my marriage, simply interfering with the plans for the evening. Truth be told, I am not going to suffer by going to the concert because I enjoy the bands also. I do give a lot when it comes to my wife, she knows that, and this will just be another case of me doing just that. I was hoping there would be a dimplomatic way to somehow be able to go to the concert, and make it for kickoff. That will obviously not be able to happen, so looks like I'll be going to the concert and catching however much of the game that I can, if any. And I will be doing it with a smile, and... :icon_drink:

Buy lot's of shots. By the time you get to the 2nd band she won't know whether she's at a concert or a FB game. She'll wake up the next day thinking what a sweetheart you were for holding her hair while she puked in a stadium stall Edited by Bullwinkle
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  258
  • Content Count:  7,780
  • Days Won:  7

Ok, so here's my problem. Me and my wife bought tickets several months ago to a concert without realizing that the concert is scheduled for the same day as the season opener for our Bulls. The concert starts at 2, but there are quite a few bands scheduled to play so it is likely to last into the first part of the game, perhaps longer.

I like all the bands that are coming to this show, but not like I LOVE my USF Bulls football. For my wife, I think it is more important for her to see some of these bands than it is to see most of the football game. She loves USF and graduated from there this past May, so she's a fan of USF but not as into football and sports in general as I am. She just sees that we're opening the season against a school she's never heard of and doesn't see the importance of being there for opening kickoff to the first game of the season!

We've been married about a year and half now, and my question is, how should I go about trying to convince her to leave the concert early enough to make opening kickoff when it means she will miss the bands she really wants to see? And also, how hard should I push the issue with this one? If this was the Florida State game she would not think about missing any of the game, but she will sacrifice missing some of the UT Chatanooga game for some beer and music. Me on the other hand, there are few things in life I will sacrifice Bulls football for!

I'm asking the married folks out there because even though I haven't been married long, I do know that if she's not happy, I don't get to be happy. So throw some advice to a fellow Bull here.

Tell her you love her and that she is the most important thing in the world to you and that you want to make her happy, so you will watch all the bands and then go to the game. This could be a win win. She may play into it and say that is so sweet and because you are so considerate she will skip some bands and catch kickoff. Either way you will make her happy and possibly get to see the kickoff. If not then you at least make her happy, which will make you happy in the end. Go Bulls!