• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

I need some football advice from the married Bulls out there...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  432
  • Days Won:  0

You need to learn to choose your battles. This will be the rare time that you can be in a position to have her "owe" you one. USF vs UT Chattanooga for me is a battle worth losing and gaining the upper hand for when you mess up later. I'd let her stay at the concert for as long as she wants, but make sure she knows so you can "redeem" it later for a more important occasion (i.e. more important game).

I've considered the "you owe me" option. It's just so hard to not be there for opening kickoff for first game of the season.

• Topic Count:  205
  • Content Count:  2,187
  • Days Won:  2

Where's the concert at? Can always go when it's over.

I think the concert is in New Port Richey of all places,but trust me, as soon as she is ready to go or the concert is over I'm heading straight to the game no matter what.

• Topic Count:  1,207
  • Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

You need to learn to choose your battles. This will be the rare time that you can be in a position to have her "owe" you one. USF vs UT Chattanooga for me is a battle worth losing and gaining the upper hand for when you mess up later. I'd let her stay at the concert for as long as she wants, but make sure she knows so you can "redeem" it later for a more important occasion (i.e. more important game).

I've considered the "you owe me" option. It's just so hard to not be there for opening kickoff for first game of the season.

It seems that way to you now, but at the end of the season you won't even remember this game.

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

EXCELLENT advice. LOL

I third this one. There is NOTHING better than knowing the wife "owes" you for something like this. Hopefully you won't miss much - hoping our starters will be pulled by halftime or before, but make sure your wife knows you're giving up a lot to be with her at the concert. Trust me, it will pay off in the future when you need it to.

• Topic Count:  1,088
  • Content Count:  8,158
  • Days Won:  3

Unfortunately, marriage is about compromise. I think you concede this one, make her feel really guilty, then convince her you need a generator and DirecTV setup for the FSU tailgate. =)

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  1,207
  • Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

I think the concert is in New Port Richey of all places,but trust me, as soon as she is ready to go or the concert is over I'm heading straight to the game no matter what.

Make sure you do a map quest in advance for best route from there to RayJay.

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

Unfortunately, marriage is about compromise. I think you concede this one, make her feel really guilty, then convince her you need a generator and DirecTV setup for the FSU tailgate. =)

Hahahaha, yes!!!!

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,636
  • Days Won:  424

EXCELLENT advice. LOL

I third this one. There is NOTHING better than knowing the wife "owes" you for something like this. Hopefully you won't miss much - hoping our starters will be pulled by halftime or before, but make sure your wife knows you're giving up a lot to be with her at the concert. Trust me, it will pay off in the future when you need it to.

Yep ... now if this wasn't just UTC, I'd maybe have a different take.

EXCELLENT advice. LOL

It seems this is what I am going to have to do. She is definitely going to owe me though.