• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

I need some football advice from the married Bulls out there...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  432
  • Days Won:  0

Where's the concert at? Can always go when it's over.

I think the concert is in New Port Richey of all places,but trust me, as soon as she is ready to go or the concert is over I'm heading straight to the game no matter what.

Make sure you do a map quest in advance for best route from there to RayJay.

Most definitely!

Unfortunately, marriage is about compromise. I think you concede this one, make her feel really guilty, then convince her you need a generator and DirecTV setup for the FSU tailgate. =)

Seems fair enough!

• Topic Count:  1,207
  • Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

You need to learn to choose your battles. This will be the rare time that you can be in a position to have her "owe" you one. USF vs UT Chattanooga for me is a battle worth losing and gaining the upper hand for when you mess up later. I'd let her stay at the concert for as long as she wants, but make sure she knows so you can "redeem" it later for a more important occasion (i.e. more important game).

EXCELLENT advice. LOL

I third this one. There is NOTHING better than knowing the wife "owes" you for something like this. Hopefully you won't miss much - hoping our starters will be pulled by halftime or before, but make sure your wife knows you're giving up a lot to be with her at the concert. Trust me, it will pay off in the future when you need it to.

It seems this is what I am going to have to do. She is definitely going to owe me though.

You could have her promise to go with you to the next Holtz pregame radio show at Beefs. I went there last night and it was fun. Got to talk with him a bit during commercials and he signed some items for me. Easier than it was at fan fest.

• Topic Count:  714
  • Content Count:  7,796
  • Days Won:  6

How badly do you want to see the game, and how comfortable are you sleeping on the couch?

How badly do you want to see the game, and how comfortable are you sleeping on the couch?

:lmao:

Pretty badly, but the couch I'm trying to avoid!

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  2,305
  • Days Won:  6

You need to learn to choose your battles. This will be the rare time that you can be in a position to have her "owe" you one. USF vs UT Chattanooga for me is a battle worth losing and gaining the upper hand for when you mess up later. I'd let her stay at the concert for as long as she wants, but make sure she knows so you can "redeem" it later for a more important occasion (i.e. more important game).

ding ding ding. Missing part of the game against an FCS school is not really worth fighting over. Make sure she realizes you are the one sacrificing something he wants. Im sure you love USF and Bulls football, but it is your wife and you have to sleep next to that fire-breathing dragon.

• Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  791
  • Days Won:  3

Couple of things you could do:

--Surprise your wife. Charter a helicopter, bring a couple of parachutes, fly from NPR concert to Ray Jay and sky dive with your wife into the stadium during the game. Make the day something special, an adventure....or,

--Put your tail between your legs, and enjoy the whole concert in NPR with your wife...catch the next Bulls game together.

EXCELLENT advice. LOL

I third this one. There is NOTHING better than knowing the wife "owes" you for something like this. Hopefully you won't miss much - hoping our starters will be pulled by halftime or before, but make sure your wife knows you're giving up a lot to be with her at the concert. Trust me, it will pay off in the future when you need it to.

It seems this is what I am going to have to do. She is definitely going to owe me though.

You could have her promise to go with you to the next Holtz pregame radio show at Beefs. I went there last night and it was fun. Got to talk with him a bit during commercials and he signed some items for me. Easier than it was at fan fest.

Hmm, I don't think it would be hard to convince her of this even if she didn't owe me. I was thinking bigger... like convincing her we need to spend the money to be there for our BCS bowl game this season!

EXCELLENT advice. LOL

Hmm, I don't think it would be hard to convince her of this even if she didn't owe me. I was thinking bigger... like convincing her we need to spend the money to be there for our BCS bowl game this season!

Good idea.