• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

I need some football advice from the married Bulls out there...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  432
  • Days Won:  0

Ok, so here's my problem. Me and my wife bought tickets several months ago to a concert without realizing that the concert is scheduled for the same day as the season opener for our Bulls. The concert starts at 2, but there are quite a few bands scheduled to play so it is likely to last into the first part of the game, perhaps longer.

I like all the bands that are coming to this show, but not like I LOVE my USF Bulls football. For my wife, I think it is more important for her to see some of these bands than it is to see most of the football game. She loves USF and graduated from there this past May, so she's a fan of USF but not as into football and sports in general as I am. She just sees that we're opening the season against a school she's never heard of and doesn't see the importance of being there for opening kickoff to the first game of the season!

We've been married about a year and half now, and my question is, how should I go about trying to convince her to leave the concert early enough to make opening kickoff when it means she will miss the bands she really wants to see? And also, how hard should I push the issue with this one? If this was the Florida State game she would not think about missing any of the game, but she will sacrifice missing some of the UT Chatanooga game for some beer and music. Me on the other hand, there are few things in life I will sacrifice Bulls football for!

I'm asking the married folks out there because even though I haven't been married long, I do know that if she's not happy, I don't get to be happy. So throw some advice to a fellow Bull here.

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

Pay band she wants extra to move them up on the schedule.

Other than that your screwed.

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

Real talk - for next time.

If it is a fall thing, you look at the USF football schedule FIRST before hitting that pay button.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  686
  • Content Count:  7,648
  • Days Won:  6

Take 2 cars - works for me all the time.

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,043
  • Days Won:  469

Fake an illness, check yourself into Urgent Care. Suggest she goes with a friend so that the tickets get used. Enjoy a miraculous recovery and go to the game. Schedule marriage counseling for Monday. Experience that together.

• Upvote 1

Real talk - for next time.

If it is a fall thing, you look at the USF football schedule FIRST before hitting that pay button.

In my defense, she bought the tickets before I could check the schedule. I was at work when these were purchased. Next time I will have her check the schedule though...

• Topic Count:  246
  • Content Count:  6,348
  • Days Won:  8

You need to learn to choose your battles. This will be the rare time that you can be in a position to have her "owe" you one. USF vs UT Chattanooga for me is a battle worth losing and gaining the upper hand for when you mess up later. I'd let her stay at the concert for as long as she wants, but make sure she knows so you can "redeem" it later for a more important occasion (i.e. more important game).

• Upvote 3

Take 2 cars - works for me all the time.

I thought about this, but I'm sure she'd be upset if I left her at the concert by herself... maybe I can talk her friend into going with us though. Hmmm...

Fake an illness, check yourself into Urgent Care. Suggest she goes with a friend ao that the tickets get used. Enjoy a miraculous recovery and go to the game. Schedule marriage counseling for Monday. Experience that together.

Lol, this might be an option.

• Topic Count:  1,207
  • Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

You need to learn to choose your battles. This will be the rare time that you can be in a position to have her "owe" you one. USF vs UT Chattanooga for me is a battle worth losing and gaining the upper hand for when you mess up later. I'd let her stay at the concert for as long as she wants, but make sure she knows so you can "redeem" it later for a more important occasion (i.e. more important game).

EXCELLENT advice. LOL