• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Big East Baseball Tournament

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  714
  • Content Count:  7,796
  • Days Won:  6

Lost to UConn (the team we swept) 7-2. This included leaving the bases loaded in the 8th.

We play Pitt tomorrow at 5:00pm.

The apathy level for baseball has reached a new level. They're not a bad team, they're just not a good team.

Change is needed soon.

• Topic Count:  56
  • Content Count:  1,390
  • Days Won:  0

I really hate everything about our baseball program at this point besides that beautiful stadium. And I'm a "baseball guy" first and foremost so it hurts to say that.

• Topic Count:  132
  • Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

Abyone still think Prado deserved that extension?

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  2,305
  • Days Won:  6

WHAT THE ****

• Topic Count:  963
  • Content Count:  9,765
  • Days Won:  9

This one hurt. Barbosa wasn't the same last night. He didn't have command of all of his pitches. Seemed like he was pitching behind the count to most of the batters. They hit him pretty hard. While our Bulls hit decent, we lack power. Not just HR power but doubles power. I think we had 10 hits- all singles. Its tough to score that way. We left a ton on base, but most of our runners came with 1 or 2 outs. Add in a very questionable squeeze play when the game was 2-1 with our cleanup hitter forced to bunt (with no outs mind you), and it all winds up with a sour tasting loss....that bunt really took the wind out of our sails though. Terrible strategy.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,721
  • Days Won:  109

We really do come up small in big games, don't we? Tried watching but the feed just stopped for a minute at a time (at least seemed that way). Gave up in the 6th. From reading about the game I didn't miss much.

On a good note, there does seem to be some talent among our freshmen. But losing Barbosa and Stultz, I just don't see where the pitching will come from next year.

• Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  2,994
  • Days Won:  4

Losing the pitching will hurt more than any offensive talent will help, unless we're just so good that we consistently put up runs, which isn't easy day to day. As much as I don't think Prado truly can get it done, at the very least getting the new stadium built and having some solid core players, he gets one more year, two MAX, and if we're not in the Series or winning the BE, pinkslip him. He's starting to look like a guy who can get the team to be decent, but we're likely going to need someone else to get us over the hump, just like we did in basketball, and many other sports. I'm not fully in the know about him, but from what I hear, he is not recruiting well, and we'll have had the new ballpark for two seasons now, so if he can't bring in decent talent this year or next, his time is up.

But as someone pointed out in the other thread, why did they sign the extension? Well, we're USF...I've gotten used to this university not making the best decisions when it comes to hires and extensions. The hires usually are decent, but they are too lenient - and it's because this school is not flush with cash to lure in who they need.

Hopefully we can get a win this time and stay in this thing.

• Topic Count:  90
  • Content Count:  1,524
  • Days Won:  1

Seems like Prado just cant get us to the next level. Mediocrity is not acceptable for Woulard, so unless we somehow pull this out of our ass, I cant really see him here next year. If he does get another year, he should be feeling extremely lucky and better make the most of it by getting us to a Super Regional at minimum.

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  3,042
  • Days Won:  10

Seems like Prado just cant get us to the next level. Mediocrity is not acceptable for Woulard, so unless we somehow pull this out of our ass, I cant really see him here next year. If he does get another year, he should be feeling extremely lucky and better make the most of it by getting us to a Super Regional at minimum.

He isn't going anywhere next year since he just signed an extension. Give him another year and see how he does.