• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Football Stadium Talk

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2,114
  • Days Won:  2

No doubt the fieldhouse that we build someday will look a million times better than this

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  8,044
  • Days Won:  9

Get the indoor facility and win some more games and a championship and then talk OCS. UCF's indoor field is terrible. Looks ugly

Just in case a UCF'er chimes in. This is a picture of the interior (since the one above is while under construction.)

Looks horrible. And apparently the fan/AC system doesn't work well, so players nickname it "The Oven"

Nothing like the comfort of being in small hot metal cage when it's raining. I bet that aluminum roof is deafening when it's pouring out.

• Content Count:  2,994
  • Days Won:  4

Get the indoor facility and win some more games and a championship and then talk OCS. UCF's indoor field is terrible. Looks ugly

Just in case a UCF'er chimes in. This is a picture of the interior (since the one above is while under construction.)

Looks horrible. And apparently the fan/AC system doesn't work well, so players nickname it "The Oven"

Nothing like the comfort of being in small hot metal cage when it's raining. I bet that aluminum roof is deafening when it's pouring out.

hey now, nothing like free "crowd noise" piped in! LOL

• Content Count:  9,038
  • Days Won:  1

The sad part about calling it "The Oven" is that is where Erick Plancher took his last breaths while O'Liar stood over him yelling curse words.

• Content Count:  7,201
  • Days Won:  3

Greg - Has Woolard ever mentioned that he would like to start a fund raising campaign or does he need a major donation before he would ever consider the fund raising efforts. If you lay out a plan maybe the donations would come.... I know I would stroke a check.

I spoke with someone in Athletics after football was over last fall. I posted the response on here. To summarize, basically there is no interest in exploring at this time. It is all about the $$$ it would cost, and donations are down across the board due to the lingering recession and unemployment picture. Plus there were many additional projects underway (think sundome, muma center, baseball, soccer, softball fields, etc). They wanted to complete those things first. Indoor practice facility is next. Also state funding is being cut everywhere, with USF getting less than $10M in capital improvements last year. For the entire university for all projects (that were not privately funded).

So I think there is a plan, it is just not "now". The second point mentioned was that they do not believe USF fans would settle for a "UCF-like" facility just to get an OCS. UCF HAD to do something given the state of the Citrus bowl and plans to tear it down (which never happened btw). Also that our fans had been used to certain levels of amenities, and therefore our budget for a stadium would probably be $100M more than theirs. We would want some thing in the 50 - 55k range as well (that could be expanded later on). The concensus was that that now is not the time to do anything OCS related. What we have works for now, so it isn't imminent.

• Content Count:  7,201
  • Days Won:  3

I think the indoor practice facility is huge, not just for football, but track, soccer, and other field sports.

This is florida and practices get cancelled regularly in the months of June - Sept, primetime for many of our key sports.

Glad we put this over an OCS.

And no matter how you feel about UCF's practice facility, it is 1000 times better than our indoor practice facility today. That is a selling point and they are fortunate.

• Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

I think the indoor practice facility is huge, not just for football, but track, soccer, and other field sports.

This is florida and practices get cancelled regularly in the months of June - Sept, primetime for many of our key sports.

And no matter how you feel about UCF's practice facility, it is 1000 times better than our indoor practice facility today. That is a selling point and they are fortunate.

yeah I agree. no way should sports be played outdoors.

we shouldn;t subject these poor athletes to the conditions they would find in actually playing the games. I say they tear down the business building and put it there.

• Content Count:  3,042
  • Days Won:  10

we shouldn;t subject these poor athletes to the conditions they would find in actually playing the games. I say they tear down the business building and put it there.

2 troll posts in 2 separate threads in 2 minutes. Impressive.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  4,442
  • Days Won:  9

It's about the lightning.... troll on

• Group:  Admin
  • Content Count:  97,043
  • Days Won:  469

Greg - Has Woolard ever mentioned that he would like to start a fund raising campaign or does he need a major donation before he would ever consider the fund raising efforts. If you lay out a plan maybe the donations would come.... I know I would stroke a check.

As I have written here before, insiders at USF have always maintained that major donations would be aligned prior to kicking off a fund or smaller donations for any sizable new effort.

Archived