• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

McD*****bag at it again

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  3,647
  • Days Won:  4

Still pure conjecture.

Who knows if Pitt and SU ever leave?

The ACC was only making moves to protect itself from what it thought was the B12 coming east. If Pitt and SU wouldn't come over....then Rutgers and UConn probably would. If not them....WVU and Louisville.

Once TAMU and Mizzou left AND the Pac 12 decided not to expand.......EVERYBODY knew they would be going after BE schools.....the BE schools knew it....all it takes is for one school to leave and the dominoes fall.

You want to be the last guy on the boat? No....all adding UCF would have done.....was you would have had 6 schools sitting in a leaky boat instead of 5. An ESPN deal worse than the ACC deal wouldn't have kept anybody from leaving.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

Still pure conjecture.

Who knows if Pitt and SU ever leave?

The ACC was only making moves to protect itself from what it thought was the B12 coming east. If Pitt and SU wouldn't come over....then Rutgers and UConn probably would. If not them....WVU and Louisville.

Once TAMU and Mizzou left AND the Pac 12 decided not to expand.......EVERYBODY knew they would be going after BE schools.....the BE schools knew it....all it takes is for one school to leave and the dominoes fall.

You want to be the last guy on the boat? No....all adding UCF would have done.....was you would have had 6 schools sitting in a leaky boat instead of 5. An ESPN deal worse than the ACC deal wouldn't have kept anybody from leaving.

Saying UCF would have kept this together is the direct result of sniffing wood glue.

Not accepting that TV deal hurt. We'd still have the deal had Pitt, etc jumped. Now we have no clue which way the TV money is going.

• Group:  Admin
  • Content Count:  97,043
  • Days Won:  469

Even McMurphy's unidentified source said "who knows if Pitt and Syracuse ever leave"

Pure speculation, but enough for McMurphy to write another piece that exacts revenge on the school from whose beat he was fired for failure.

• Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

That is the dumbest article I've ever read, and I've read several of his.

Where did he say that the $1.4 Billion deal was contingent on UCF being voted in? They were two separate deals. And trust me, Genshaft alone could not have stopped UCF if the rest of the league wanted them. Conferences and TV networks are hardly falling all over themselves to sign up UCF.

More importantly, the Pitt chancellor was the opponent to signing the TV deal, yet we are supposed to believe that Pitt would still be here if the BE had signed the deal? That is completely asinine. If signing the deal drove Pitt away, why did Pitt lead the charge to not sign the deal?

Any idiot can see that Pitt and Syracuse were out the door before the TV deal hit the table.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,638
  • Days Won:  424

As much as I hate UCF, I think adding them is better than Navy. USF-UCF is a natural rivalry and the BE needs more of these. This game would add more intrigue than any game that Navy plays with another BE team.

That may be so but if you thik anyone outside the I-4 corridor gave a **** enough about "The Rivalry" to have saved the BE, you're delusional ...

• Content Count:  5,591
  • Days Won:  3

Can this conference get better without adding ND, which we know is not going to happen? I don't see any other way

Yeah, bringing in TCU along with BSU would've made it better.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,638
  • Days Won:  424

Can this conference get better without adding ND, which we know is not going to happen? I don't see any other way

Yeah, bringing in TCU along with BSU would've made it better.

Bringing in TCU is obviously not going to happen, either .... The answer to his question is "no".

• Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

Before we ***** and moan too much about how terrible the Big East is, can we please win it at least once?!? Sheesh!

• Content Count:  2,994
  • Days Won:  4

I do agree that the university presidents had too much say and leverage with Marinatto, and in a way feel bad for him because he WAS too nice...at the behest of the presidents, the TV deal was turned down, and they could never all agree on the 9th member, and some of them turned the Villanova thing into a total clusterf*ck. I give props to Marinatto for at least salvaging the best he could (though I'd still have made a play for ECU), but in the end he definitely wasn't the right guy.

But to insinuate USF's president was responsible for the entire mess all along is beyond ludicrous. This guy sounds like that mike111777 troll on the ESPN boards who says similar things about Genshaft being the downfall of the BE (he's a UCF fan).

• Content Count:  8,174
  • Days Won:  6

the presidents share a LOT of blame in this one...

marinatto was garbage but the lack of vision by some presidents really hurt this conference. Judy probly did block UCF and it was the best move in the interest of her University....

Did it contribute to instability.... probably....

Archived