• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

McD*****bag at it again

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,768
  • Days Won:  1

I refuse to link to his article to drive any more web "clicks" there, but his latest article now says that "Meatball" isn't solely to blame for the Big East troubles but that Genshaft also deserves part of the blame for blocking UCF. I mean, really, this is absolutely insane at the minimal. Anyone who really thinks that adding UCF would have stopped Pitt, Cuse or WVU from leaving is well beyond smoking some good shiznitz and is into the hard shiznitz. I really don't get his hard on for USF. The guy couldn't be a bigger tool if he tried.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He's 100% spot on. Get over it.

http://www.cbssports.../story/18985030

Really? I mean really? There is ZERO percent chance that adding UCF earlier would have done anything. We already had TCU coming in and a handshake agreement with Navy. Both options are infinately better than UCF, yet that did nothing to stop Pitt, Cuse or WVU from leaving.

• Content Count:  2,653
  • Days Won:  2

Really? I mean really? There is ZERO percent chance that adding UCF earlier would have done anything. We already had TCU coming in and a handshake agreement with Navy. Both options are infinately better than UCF, yet that did nothing to stop Pitt, Cuse or WVU from leaving.

As much as I hate UCF, I think adding them is better than Navy. USF-UCF is a natural rivalry and the BE needs more of these. This game would add more intrigue than any game that Navy plays with another BE team.

• Content Count:  3,462
  • Days Won:  6

So in retrospect, how good was the 1.4 B deal that was turned down? If the BE had signed, added UCF, would the Conference still be in turmoil or just different turmoil?

As much as I hate UCF, I think adding them is better than Navy. USF-UCF is a natural rivalry and the BE needs more of these. This game would add more intrigue than any game that Navy plays with another BE team.

Navy is a nationally recognized team with an immense amount of history. Even in their "down" period now, they've been every bit of good (if not better) than UCF has over the past 5-8 years. Yes, as a USF fan, UCF is better for the rivalry, but for the Big East, Navy is much much more important.

And again, even if we want to go that UCF is better than Navy route, they still weren't keeping any of these teams from leaving. If we were offered by the Big 12 right now, would USF turn them down because we have UCF in the fold now. Even if we take a time machine back, and the Big 12 chose USF over WVU, would we not leave?

• Content Count:  2,653
  • Days Won:  2

Can this conference get better without adding ND, which we know is not going to happen? I don't see any other way

• Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

reshuffling chairs on the Titanic for a better view at this point

• Group:  Admin
  • Content Count:  97,043
  • Days Won:  469

Here it is, the McMurphy schtick...he can say what he wants because he never provides a source. Never deals with characters with enough courage to stand up, make a statement, and be held accountable for their statement.

That's how badly Syracuse and Pittsburgh wanted to leave -- and to what lengths they kept it secret from the other league institutions. "If the TV deal was accepted and UCF had been added [as a 10th football member], who knows if Pitt and Syracuse ever leave," an industry source said.

• Group:  Admin
  • Content Count:  97,043
  • Days Won:  469

When Marinatto was first hired as commissioner in 2009, I (Brett McMurphy) joked with him that he was "too nice" to be a commissioner. He was too honest, never lied and wasn't conniving enough.

The exact opposite, McMurphy would have made the perfect commish!

Archived