• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Next Year/USF Hoops

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,207
  • Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

It's really intolerable.

I don't understand how a player who received his AA degree from a Florida JUCO is not accepted into USF.

Why doesn't Heath ever show any outrage in this happening to his signees? Is he so afraid to speak out in support of these players? Is there no appeal process for the player to go through? There needs to be some answers.

How do you know that Heath hasn't shown any outrage?

If he has, I haven't read anything in public about it. I'm not interested in what he says in private.

• Topic Count:  144
  • Content Count:  3,616
  • Days Won:  1

It's really intolerable.

I don't understand how a player who received his AA degree from a Florida JUCO is not accepted into USF.

Why doesn't Heath ever show any outrage in this happening to his signees? Is he so afraid to speak out in support of these players? Is there no appeal process for the player to go through? There needs to be some answers.

If he has, I haven't read anything in public about it. I'm not interested in what he says in private.

Waverly was also shocked by this and seemed to find out last night. There should have been able to be an appeal/hearing done today since it would be impossible to do this weekend and school starts monday.

• Topic Count:  714
  • Content Count:  7,796
  • Days Won:  6

It's really intolerable.

NO. I hope Heath is mad as hell, but I would never want a coach to come out publicly and question the school. Nothing good comes from an internal fight being dragged into the media. Keep it in house, but find out what the hell happened and fix it.

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  751
  • Days Won:  2

It's really intolerable.

Waverly was also shocked by this and seemed to find out last night. There should have been able to be an appeal/hearing done today since it would be impossible to do this weekend and school starts monday.

It's really intolerable.

Either you are qualified or you are not, what is there to appeal?

• Topic Count:  411
  • Content Count:  5,591
  • Days Won:  3

It's really intolerable.

It's really intolerable.

Either you are qualified or you are not, what is there to appeal?

He needed a 2.0 to be eligible. I know in NCAA you need a 2.0 to be eligible to play, I would assume a 2.0 needed for NJCAA. He was also taking classes this summer here at USF. This is straight up ******** and I hope Heath is absolutely ripping whoever made this decision. Not only is this unfair for the USF basketball team, it's extremely unfair for Waverly Austin.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,570
  • Days Won:  423

It's really intolerable.

NO. I hope Heath is mad as hell, but I would never want a coach to come out publicly and question the school. Nothing good comes from an internal fight being dragged into the media. Keep it in house, but find out what the hell happened and fix it.

Exactly ... The problem is that the damage is already done. It will be a cold day in Hell before we have a legitimate shot at any high profile jc transfers.

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  3,042
  • Days Won:  10

Hey Coach Heath, why don't you give Clanton a follow-up call to see if he's changed his mind :FIREdevil:

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,570
  • Days Won:  423

Hey Coach Heath, why don't you give Clanton a follow-up call to see if he's changed his mind :FIREdevil:

Probably wouldn't work either. We apparently have a problem with getting jc transfers through the almighty academic committee ...

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

I'm so pissed. I'm more pissed cause he was coming from a FL juco and he is fully qualified under the NCAA (that means he has at least a 2.0). I'm pissed cause he not a "regular" student. I'm pissed cause coach Heath has been recruiting this stud for 3 years. I'm pissed cause our NCAA tourney bid might have just been flushed down the toilet (yes I think he was that important).

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  170
  • Content Count:  5,722
  • Days Won:  8

and we are back to slowwwwing the pace of the game. Horrible news!