• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Next Year/USF Hoops

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

This is heartbreaking. My mourning will last until October

• Topic Count:  15
  • Content Count:  399
  • Days Won:  0

We haven't played with a true center for a few seasons now, so I'm not too worried, but it's still not comforting losing a guy like Austin.

Hope you're right.

If Kore starts, looks like we're replacing a Waverly with a 5th year experienced senior. Depth, is what looks bad. I hope Omo is ready.

The book on White is that he is an underperformer and to some degree got himself run out of FAU. He's got the build and some skills but is not known as a hard worker. Hope that changes.

• Topic Count:  1,207
  • Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

I'm hoping that Zach LeDay can put up a lot of points here, just like he did in HS.

I know that he is a very hard worker.

Zach LeDay! â€@ZachLeDay3

Just touched down in Tampa!!!!

• Topic Count:  303
  • Content Count:  5,982
  • Days Won:  2

USF will be fine imo. While Austin would be a big lost, it's not the end of the world. You still a pretty athletic team and a strong backcourt. What White and Omogbehin has to do is just rebound and set solid screens for the play makers. USF also has a weak non-conference schedule that they should plow through. The most interesting thing to me will be how Heath coaches the offense this season.

Well I guess USF will have to really pick up on recruiting for the 2013 class now. Need another tall frontcourt player to come in with Egbunu.

• Topic Count:  411
  • Content Count:  5,591
  • Days Won:  3

USF will be fine imo. While Austin would be a big lost, it's not the end of the world. You still a pretty athletic team and a strong backcourt. What White and Omogbehin has to do is just rebound and set solid screens for the play makers. USF also has a weak non-conference schedule that they should plow through. The most interesting thing to me will be how Heath coaches the offense this season.

Well I guess USF will have to really pick up on recruiting for the 2013 class now. Need another tall frontcourt player to come in with Egbunu.

Yep, Perry and Henry just became much more important.

• Topic Count:  714
  • Content Count:  7,796
  • Days Won:  6

Listening to GA on 98.7FM. He's saying that Austin was cleared by the NCAA to play and was eligible, but that USF declared him ineligible. Austin has also been enrolled in classes and practice all summer.

I don't have a problem with setting high academic standards, but to allow him to be here for 4/5 months and then tell him he's not eligible is Bull$hit. Something stinks to high hell in the admissions office. How is Coach Heath supposed to recruit these guys if they can't be sure of their eligibility until 3 days before the semester starts? They had plenty of time over the summer to declare his eligibility.

This needs to be looked into by the administration.

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

Listening to GA on 98.7FM. He's saying that Austin was cleared by the NCAA to play and was eligible, but that USF declared him ineligible. Austin has also been enrolled in classes and practice all summer.

I don't have a problem with setting high academic standards, but to allow him to be here for 4/5 months and then tell him he's not eligible is Bull$hit. Something stinks to high hell in the admissions office. How is Coach Heath supposed to recruit these guys if they can't be sure of their eligibility until 3 days before the semester starts? They had plenty of time over the summer to declare his eligibility.

This needs to be looked into by the administration.

+1

How dare he attempt to make USF a basketball school.

• Topic Count:  1,207
  • Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

It's really intolerable.

I don't understand how a player who received his AA degree from a Florida JUCO is not accepted into USF.

Why doesn't Heath ever show any outrage in this happening to his signees? Is he so afraid to speak out in support of these players? Is there no appeal process for the player to go through? There needs to be some answers.

• Topic Count:  56
  • Content Count:  1,390
  • Days Won:  0

It's really intolerable.

I don't understand how a player who received his AA degree from a Florida JUCO is not accepted into USF.

Why doesn't Heath ever show any outrage in this happening to his signees? Is he so afraid to speak out in support of these players? Is there no appeal process for the player to go through? There needs to be some answers.

How do you know that Heath hasn't shown any outrage?