• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Next Year/USF Hoops

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,609
  • Content Count:  74,473
  • Days Won:  422

and we are back to slowwwwing the pace of the game.

If that means back to going two wins into the Big Dance, I'll take it ...

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  170
  • Content Count:  5,722
  • Days Won:  8

Absolutely! It would have been nice to play a little more uptempo!

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  856
  • Days Won:  2

*per the Consortium Agreement entered into by USF, Hillsborough Community College, St. Petersburg College and Pasco Hernando Community College.

does anyone have any knowledge on this whole consortium agreement usf entered into? why and when they did this? does heath know about this (i would hope so)? and most importantly, if he knew waverly didnt go to one of these listed jucos, and needed a 2.5 not a 2.0, wouldnt he have known his 2.4 gpa made him ineligible a long time ago? just seems like the communication here was completely lacking. maybe Greg can give some insight here. i dont care WHERE our recruits come from, as long as they come. so giving juco student atheletes from only these institutions gpa favoritism is beyond stupid, and will continue to limit the top level talent we actually have a chance in signing now. do other big east or florida universities also sign this type of agreement to keep backyard talent close to home?

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  751

*per the Consortium Agreement entered into by USF, Hillsborough Community College, St. Petersburg College and Pasco Hernando Community College.

does anyone have any knowledge on this whole consortium agreement usf entered into? why and when they did this? does heath know about this (i would hope so)? and most importantly, if he knew waverly didnt go to one of these listed jucos, and needed a 2.5 not a 2.0, wouldnt he have known his 2.4 gpa made him ineligible a long time ago? just seems like the communication here was completely lacking. maybe Greg can give some insight here. i dont care WHERE our recruits come from, as long as they come. so giving juco student atheletes from only these institutions gpa favoritism is beyond stupid, and will continue to limit the top level talent we actually have a chance in signing now. do other big east or florida universities also sign this type of agreement to keep backyard talent close to home?

The consortium isn't about student athletes.

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  751

It's really intolerable.

I don't understand how a player who received his AA degree from a Florida JUCO is not accepted into USF.

Why doesn't Heath ever show any outrage in this happening to his signees? Is he so afraid to speak out in support of these players? Is there no appeal process for the player to go through? There needs to be some answers.

How do you know that Heath hasn't shown any outrage?

If he has, I haven't read anything in public about it. I'm not interested in what he says in private.

Waverly was also shocked by this and seemed to find out last night. There should have been able to be an appeal/hearing done today since it would be impossible to do this weekend and school starts monday.

It's really intolerable.

I don't understand how a player who received his AA degree from a Florida JUCO is not accepted into USF.

Why doesn't Heath ever show any outrage in this happening to his signees? Is he so afraid to speak out in support of these players? Is there no appeal process for the player to go through? There needs to be some answers.

How do you know that Heath hasn't shown any outrage?

If he has, I haven't read anything in public about it. I'm not interested in what he says in private.

Waverly was also shocked by this and seemed to find out last night. There should have been able to be an appeal/hearing done today since it would be impossible to do this weekend and school starts monday.

Either you are qualified or you are not, what is there to appeal?

He needed a 2.0 to be eligible. I know in NCAA you need a 2.0 to be eligible to play, I would assume a 2.0 needed for NJCAA. He was also taking classes this summer here at USF. This is straight up ******** and I hope Heath is absolutely ripping whoever made this decision. Not only is this unfair for the USF basketball team, it's extremely unfair for Waverly Austin.

If correct, then it was under provisional enrollment.....and he must not have done well.

• Topic Count:  303
  • Content Count:  5,982

Absolutely! It would have been nice to play a little more uptempo!

Slowing the pace down with our front court will get us pounded. Gus and Anderson are gone. I have been saying that USF will be a good defensive team this season, but play a little different. Omogbehin isn't ready for a bigger role. Fitzpatrick, White, and Leday are face the basket on offense and help side defenders type players.

• Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  822
  • Days Won:  0

Yeah, we are going to have to play fast with an undersized team. So in that sense, that's exciting for recruiting purposes (I'm specifically talking about Grayson here). I can't see us playing as slow as last year; like Vega said above, we don't have a proper center with Austin gone. It's really sad to hear because a lot of us had high hopes for him. Can't wait until Egbunu gets here, I expect he should be able to come in for 20-25 mins as a freshman after his senior year in high school. I'm just very skeptical that Omog will be able to stay healthy to be a starter, not too mention I'm skeptical on his skillset.

One thing's for sure, this year has become more interesting!

• Topic Count:  303
  • Content Count:  5,982

Time to get back to the guys that are going to be a part on this team

Zach LeDay! â€@ZachLeDay3

My plan is to shoot 1,000 shots everyday I'm at USF for all 3 to 4 of the next years I'm here no matter the circumstances.

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  2,305
  • Days Won:  6

wow what a letdown. Was so excited to see 2 7 footers out there. sucks.