• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Next Year/USF Hoops

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  999
  • Content Count:  19,229
  • Days Won:  1

I feel it almost HAS to be Collins... it's his team regardless of the age of the others. Anderson was there before collins' coming out party. I could see fitzpatrick trying to take that role as the elder statesman (non of the other bigs will have the experience with our defense to be as polished keeping people on task), but Collins has the reigns and if he shows that energy... it will rub off on everyone very easily. Anyone else and it will be much more difficult.

If not collins, i can't see any other guard being that guy. A big is like the middle linebacker running the defense.

Collins, Fitz, Austin are my guesses... heavily on Collins though.

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

Collins isn't the rahrah type. Hrs the quite, getitdone type.different kind of leader

• Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  822
  • Days Won:  0

Replace what anderson brought? from a guard position? that is quite a prediction. Anderson got all the tough rebounds. Musa may bring the energy and toughness, but if he rebounds the way Anderson did... he will be our MVP this year.

To me, Musa is a guy that should make an impact, but I'm looking for one of the bigs to step up. (Zach Leday and Waverly Austin)

Barring injuries, of course, we know what we have at PG. We know what we have in Rudd and Fitzpatrick. All 3 of those guys will be big parts of the offense and defense.

Which one of those bigs is going to be an offensive threat? both are offensive minded players. What about Kore White? I'm 50/50 on whether I think he'll be anything more than another big body off the bench (which don't get me wrong... is very beneficial... you need these type of players on the bench to make a good post season run)

I don't expect offense out of Omo. I expect rebounding and clogging the lane.

Poland needs to be an energizer bunny. He might have been the goat last year for a couple bad plays, but he was also electrifying and a big reason for our success.

X-factors? how much PT does Hawkins get? coach is raving about him. How about Brock? I admin I know almost nothing about him other than that he transferred in from a smaller school. What is his strengths/weaknesses?

One thing we have a ton of is depth... I've never seen this team in this type of shape. We have depth at every position. PG is still thin, but I have faith that between Collins and Aleem, we'll be set with ball handling. We have slashers and shooters, positions 1 to 4. We are very deep in the post, but who will start, who will be the go to guy down low?

I love what I see and can't wait to get answers to how this will all mesh together. The rest of the Big East knows we have a good team now... no one is going to take us lightly. Repeating that same result as last year will be incredibly difficult, but we have MORE in the cupboard now than ever before. :GoBulls::iconic_u_black:

I believe the answer to that particular question is none other than Waverly Austin. I really think he'll be our anchor down low offensively and defensively.

• Topic Count:  999
  • Content Count:  19,229
  • Days Won:  1

I don't know how good of a defender Austin is... never seen him play. Offense, from what I've read, is his strong suit. If he is a good defender, I feel sooo much better about that position. Between he and Omo... shots should be altered constantly.

• Topic Count:  303
  • Content Count:  5,982
  • Days Won:  2

I feel it almost HAS to be Collins... it's his team regardless of the age of the others. Anderson was there before collins' coming out party. I could see fitzpatrick trying to take that role as the elder statesman (non of the other bigs will have the experience with our defense to be as polished keeping people on task), but Collins has the reigns and if he shows that energy... it will rub off on everyone very easily. Anyone else and it will be much more difficult.

If not collins, i can't see any other guard being that guy. A big is like the middle linebacker running the defense.

My choice is the oldest guy on the roster, Abdul Aleem.

Recruiting expert Brad Winton of SLAM (a well respected online basketball site) expects Abdul-Aleem to compete for a starting spot immediately, “Abdul-Aleem is a physical, left-handed wing who bullies his way to the rim and has range that extends beyond the three. Abdul-Aleem was one of the best perimeter defenders that I saw this summer. He is very vocal on the court and plays with a passion for the game,†said Winton.

http://www.collegiannews.com/2012/01/jaguars-roar-while-future-bull-watches/

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  67
  • Content Count:  1,055

Recruiting expert Brad Winton of SLAM (a well respected online basketball site) expects Abdul-Aleem to compete for a starting spot immediately, “Abdul-Aleem is a physical, left-handed wing who bullies his way to the rim and has range that extends beyond the three. Abdul-Aleem was one of the best perimeter defenders that I saw this summer. He is very vocal on the court and plays with a passion for the game,†said Winton.

http://www.collegian...e-bull-watches/

I win VEGA choose Musa also the debate is over.

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

Had a side bet going there, didja?

• Topic Count:  67
  • Content Count:  1,055

Had a side bet going there, didja?

lol

• Topic Count:  1,207
  • Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

I don't know about that.

Waverly Austin seems to be the most vocal on twitter. :)

Waverly austin â€@WaverlyAustin

just took the best shower feeling good ready to workout tmrow getting stronger every day blessed to have this opportunity

7:32 PM - 31 Jul 12 via web

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

I don't need to know when or if you shower. Ball and get your education.