• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Great time at BB game tonight

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  4,741
  • Days Won:  3

My wife and I had a great time tonight. Having gone, it's amazing that we have any BB recruits coming here. On a side note, if anyone here works in athletics, or if anyone here knows someone in athletics, they might want to tell Judy that her left tail lite is out.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  763
  • Days Won:  0

Attendance at tip-off was pathetic but more and more fans gradually trickled in for a decent looking lower bowl (excluding the student section . . . which was desolate). Overall though, my family had a great time. Great team win. Onward to Providence.

• Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

Same here. We make defense look so beautiful.

• Content Count:  7,796
  • Days Won:  6

Attendance at tip-off was pathetic but more and more fans gradually trickled in for a decent looking lower bowl (excluding the student section . . . which was desolate). Overall though, my family had a great time. Great team win. Onward to Providence.

Tonight was probably the best student section attendance-wise all season (energy level was not). Partly because SG had a couple of busses get students down there. Granted it was only about 50 students on the busses, but they could have had more if they had advertised it earlier. I hope they do this the last 3 games to get more students there.

• Content Count:  9,038
  • Days Won:  1

We had a great time, too.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  3,175
  • Days Won:  12

What? Our student attendance is pathetic? No way, not here. Well they probably had better things to do then support the school that is giving them an education. Like clean grout, do hair/nails, finally getting started on the memoirs they've been meaning to write, you know that kind of stuff.

It disgusts me how many students whine and b*tch about not being a national champion and do nothing, NOTHING to support the teams. A national championship doesn't magically manifest itself, you have to deserve it as a community.

We didn't used to have poor attendance. I remember when we were once a top 10 university in attendance at football games. I remember going to the Sun Dome and the place absolutely shaking during some of the bball games. Now, the attitude of "I'm not going unless we are a winner" is so prevalent that once there actually is a winner, they still don't go. You have to go through the bad times to appreciate the good and that is not a sentiment that is appreciated these days. Pathetic.

And yes, I am calling out the students, again.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,737
  • Days Won:  425

What? Our student attendance is pathetic? No way, not here. Well they probably had better things to do then support the school that is giving them an education. Like clean grout, do hair/nails, finally getting started on the memoirs they've been meaning to write, you know that kind of stuff.

It disgusts me how many students whine and b*tch about not being a national champion and do nothing, NOTHING to support the teams. A national championship doesn't magically manifest itself, you have to deserve it as a community.

We didn't used to have poor attendance. I remember when we were once a top 10 university in attendance at football games. I remember going to the Sun Dome and the place absolutely shaking during some of the bball games. Now, the attitude of "I'm not going unless we are a winner" is so prevalent that once there actually is a winner, they still don't go. You have to go through the bad times to appreciate the good and that is not a sentiment that is appreciated these days. Pathetic.

And yes, I am calling out the students, again.

They will be the final, and toughest, piece to the puzzle pertaining to us being a consistent non bottom feeder in the conference .... although the new configuration may help that also.

• Content Count:  7,780
  • Days Won:  7

Do we really have a better BE record that Conn, Cincy, Pitt, Nova, WV, Seton Hall, and St. John which are all major basketball programs....very exciting. If we keep up this pace, are we a shoe in for the NCAA Tourney?

Go USF BULLS!

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  17,508
  • Days Won:  13

Sadly we have alot of work to do to make the NCAA Tourney. We dropped too many occ games that we should have won. NIT is likely. That being said this has been a great year.

• Content Count:  10,565
  • Days Won:  7

Sadly we have alot of work to do to make the NCAA Tourney. We dropped too many occ games that we should have won. NIT is likely. That being said this has been a great year.

It might not be as difficult as you may think. If we can hold serve at home, then we're at 10 league wins (and you'll get nice wins over WVU and Cincinnati in the process). That leaves winning 2 of 4 on the road, which is doable. If we happen to get 3 of 4, then we're in. No chance the committee is going to leave out a 13-5 Big East team. If we're 12-6, then we probably have to win 1 Big East tournament game.

The committee will certainly take into account that we didn't have Poland for 11 games and Collins for 5.

Archived