• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Great time at BB game tonight

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  7,780
  • Days Won:  7

It would be great to make it to the NCAA Tournament; this team deserves it.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

We've beaten one team in conference with a winning conference record. The NCAA tourny is t happening unless we win a couple big games, too many bad losses.

• Content Count:  10,565
  • Days Won:  7

We've beaten one team in conference with a winning conference record. The NCAA tourny is t happening unless we win a couple big games, too many bad losses.

We have no bad conference losses. The committee will take our injury situation with Poland and Collins into consideration if we're near the bubble.

If we finish 5-2, then we will have some nice conference wins on the resume. Going to be difficult to leave out a 12-6 team from one of the best conferences in the country.

Assuming we don't win BE tourny. No. 13 losses would be too many without a signature OOC win

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  17,508
  • Days Won:  13

If we get to 12-6 and knock off 2 of the following Cuse, WVU, Cincy, or Ville. We get in.

The Big East is down this year and will not be getting as many teams in as usual.

Those early games will hurt us, but yes you are right they will look at injuries.

I hope we can pull it off. Seeing USF play in the tourney would be a dream come true. The fact that we are having these talks shows us that Heath is doing a hell of a job.

The team must stay prepared, any team left on the sch could knock us off. We must beat Providence. '

We WILL be playing post season basketball.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  17,508
  • Days Won:  13

We have no bad conference losses. The committee will take our injury situation with Poland and Collins into consideration if we're near the bubble.

If we finish 5-2, then we will have some nice conference wins on the resume. Going to be difficult to leave out a 12-6 team from one of the best conferences in the country.

But who is our big win? We will neeed atleast 1. We dont have any yet.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,737
  • Days Won:  425

Oh **** ....

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,737
  • Days Won:  425

Out of the remaining games, the only outcome that I would be truly shocked at would be us knocking off Cuse up there. Every other game is a toss up depending on how effective our offense is ... A shocking stat to me from last night is that we had more turnovers than we did against G'town. When our D is clicking, it's a thing of beauty ... we're kind of like the late 90's, early 00's Bucs.

If we get to 12-6 and knock off 2 of the following Cuse, WVU, Cincy, or Ville. We get in.

The Big East is down this year and will not be getting as many teams in as usual.

Those early games will hurt us, but yes you are right they will look at injuries.

I hope we can pull it off. Seeing USF play in the tourney would be a dream come true. The fact that we are having these talks shows us that Heath is doing a hell of a job.

The team must stay prepared, any team left on the sch could knock us off. We must beat Providence. '

Last year Alabama recovered from a bad start and injuries to go 12-4 in the SEC. They were left out.

It comes down to wins and losses. We have four wins vs. the RPI top 100; Cleveland State, Nova, Seton Hall, an Pitt We have three losses outside

The top 100. Old Dominion, Penn State, and Auburn.

We're 1-6 against the RPI top 50.

To have ANY chance, we can't lose more than one more game in the regular season. OR we have to sweep the three tourney teams we have left on the schedule (Cuse, Louisville, and WVU).

Our signature win is Seton Hall, who is 1-7 in their last 8 games.

I think the NIT is a shoo in. The NCAAs is a dream. Even with the injuries. Just not enough big wins at this point.

• Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

Out of the remaining games, the only outcome that I would be truly shocked at would be us knocking off Cuse up there. Every other game is a toss up depending on how effective our offense is ... A shocking stat to me from last night is that we had more turnovers than we did against G'town. When our D is clicking, it's a thing of beauty ... we're kind of like the late 90's, early 00's Bucs.

Besides Gilchrist against Georgetown, our offense was anemic at best. I was surprised to see Robertson and Collins contribute offensively yesterday. It was much needed, and I'm loving how Collins runs the point. The kid is clutch, and I find it incredible that he's only a freshman. I'd like to see Rudd step his offensive game up and be more consistent. Poland off the bench provides some serious offensive punch. These last few games are going to be huge for USF. It's up to the team to make these last games mean something beyond what we're speculating on here. Go Bulls!

Archived