• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Great time at BB game tonight

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  74,737
  • Days Won:  425

Not happening without a few big wins. Might need 3 good wins. We really haven't beaten anybody to this point. So we aren't NCAA worthy, especially when you consider our early season losses. NIT would be a step in the right direction though. Good job Stan, and great job Bulls!

I think more than doubling our conference wins is already a step in the right direction ... It's just a matter now of how far we go in that direction this year.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  7,796
  • Days Won:  6

Not happening without a few big wins. Might need 3 good wins. We really haven't beaten anybody to this point. So we aren't NCAA worthy, especially when you consider our early season losses. NIT would be a step in the right direction though. Good job Stan, and great job Bulls!

I think more than doubling our conference wins is already a step in the right direction ... It's just a matter now of how far we go in that direction this year.

And continue in that direction next season. In 2009 we took steps in the right direction by making the NIT, but 2010 was a step back. A good season is nice, but good seasonS are better. Last time USF had back-to-back seasons above .500 was 2002 & 2003. Not to mention how nice it will be to say we've made a postseason tournament 3 out of 4 years.

• Content Count:  3,616
  • Days Won:  1

Just need to beat Providence and hopefully draw a decent/good crowd for Wednesday game vs Nova which is also on ESPN2

And continue in that direction next season. In 2009 we took steps in the right direction by making the NIT, but 2010 was a step back.

moDefinitely ....although 2010 was an expected step back, there shouldn't be that same drop off next year .... counting on Austin and Omo to at least partially offset the loss of Anderson and yes, Gilchrist.

A good season is nice, but good seasonS are better. Last time USF had back-to-back seasons above .500 was 2002 & 2003. Not to mention how nice it will be to say we've made a postseason tournament 3 out of 4 years.

The only way to have a chance of building the fanbase back is to be consistently good and there's no guarantee then ..... and this is where losing Pitt, Syracuse and WVU can be looked at as a positive ...

• Content Count:  5,982
  • Days Won:  2

One thing that I do think about though. If we finish in 6th place (for example) and there's room for 7-8 BE teams, it would be upsetting if we didn't get picked but other BE teams finishing behind us did.

Yes that would be quite the discussion going on from us and the media about USF not making it in. The ones against USF will bring up that OOC schedule and results. Those for USF will talk about how can the committee leave out a BE team that has 10+ wins and finish in the top half of the league.

For any of that to happen USF MUST BEAT PROVIDENCE on the road first. Lose that game then all NCAAT talk will likely be over baring a huge upset over the Cuse and UL in their buildings.

• Content Count:  341
  • Days Won:  1

Attendance at tip-off was pathetic but more and more fans gradually trickled in for a decent looking lower bowl (excluding the student section . . . which was desolate). Overall though, my family had a great time. Great team win. Onward to Providence.

Also the Student section is that whole area under the organ, The Ushers keep telling ppl not to go all the way down by the band, few of us been doing it every game. But far as the Bull Blitz program SG does I would really like to talk to the person/people who heads that up, I can make a program be utilized far greater than the current system.

• Content Count:  10,565
  • Days Won:  7

For any of that to happen USF MUST BEAT PROVIDENCE on the road first. Lose that game then all NCAAT talk will likely be over baring a huge upset over the Cuse and UL in their buildings.

This ^^^^^.

Win tomorrow and we have some nice momentum going forward.

Attendance at tip-off was pathetic but more and more fans gradually trickled in for a decent looking lower bowl (excluding the student section . . . which was desolate). Overall though, my family had a great time. Great team win. Onward to Providence.

Also the Student section is that whole area under the organ, The Ushers keep telling ppl not to go all the way down by the band, few of us been doing it every game. But far as the Bull Blitz program SG does I would really like to talk to the person/people who heads that up, I can make a program be utilized far greater than the current system.

Also the Student section is that whole area under the organ, The Ushers keep telling ppl not to go all the way down by the band, few of us been doing it every game.

Well, that's interesting ... I assumed the only students there were the ones next to the band. I realize you'll get a better view from higher up but I wonder why the ushers have been telling people not to go down.... the Forum has been a great host so far and if that's a problem, it needs to be corrected before next Wednesday.

Archived