• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Great time at BB game tonight

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  74,737
  • Days Won:  425

If we get to 12-6 and knock off 2 of the following Cuse, WVU, Cincy, or Ville. We get in.

The Big East is down this year and will not be getting as many teams in as usual.

Those early games will hurt us, but yes you are right they will look at injuries.

I hope we can pull it off. Seeing USF play in the tourney would be a dream come true. The fact that we are having these talks shows us that Heath is doing a hell of a job.

The team must stay prepared, any team left on the sch could knock us off. We must beat Providence. '

We WILL be playing post season basketball.

Last year Alabama recovered from a bad start and injuries to go 12-4 in the SEC. They were left out.

It comes down to wins and losses. We have four wins vs. the RPI top 100; Cleveland State, Nova, Seton Hall, an Pitt We have three losses outside

The top 100. Old Dominion, Penn State, and Auburn.

We're 1-6 against the RPI top 50.

To have ANY chance, we can't lose more than one more game in the regular season. OR we have to sweep the three tourney teams we have left on the schedule (Cuse, Louisville, and WVU).

Our signature win is Seton Hall, who is 1-7 in their last 8 games.

I think the NIT is a shoo in. The NCAAs is a dream. Even with the injuries. Just not enough big wins at this point.

While the rest of your argument is pretty valid, throwing last year's Alabama team out there as an example was off base.... the SEC was probably the 5th or 6th best hoops conference last year so I wouldn't put much credence in that scenario.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

we made significant improvement this year

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  17,508
  • Days Won:  13

The Big East is down this year too Trip.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,737
  • Days Won:  425

The Big East is down this year too Trip.

True .... but I'm wondering if BE team that's ever won 12 games in conference ever not gone. Maybe there's a mythical aura around BE hoops like there is around SEC football. It's really a moot point to me, though, because I think we'll be lucky to get to 10 wins.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  17,508
  • Days Won:  13

I think we will end up 10-8 as well.

• Content Count:  10,565
  • Days Won:  7

Big East is still #2 in the RPI. They aren't going to leave out a 12 win team from the #2 toughest league.

Triple, if we get a win at Providence (going to be tough to do that), then I think 10+ is well within reach.

Team seems to play so well at home, so I can see us winning at least 2 of the last 3 there. Get another win or 2 on the road and we're in a good position.

• Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

Big East is still #2 in the RPI. They aren't going to leave out a 12 win team from the #2 toughest league.

The committee has shown time and time again that they'll leave teams out, who have no signature wins. We have zero signature wins...and when we've had the chance, we've got out **** kicked.

If we someone managed to get to 12 league wins, then we'd have good wins on the resume.

The committee will also take into account that Poland didn't play the first 11 games of the season.

• Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

Listen. I hope we make it, in fact, I'd probably fly to wherever to see it. That being said, a lot of our fans have their goggles on after a handful of wins (which is a hell of a lot better than we've seen in a long time), none which have been all that great when you compare it to the resume of schools on the bubble.

Win 2 of 3 against WVU, Cuse, and UL, and you're in the convo. Until then, it's a pipe dream, especially after Saturday's performance.

Archived