• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Sun Dome photo update

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  2,305
  • Days Won:  6

yeah well, those pre-cast panels are hideous, in relativity to what COULD have been. they should have (in the most general sense) went with a brick construction to match most of the academic buildings (ie cooper through engineering). the eye for design is painfully lacking in the development of the campus.. think thats glaringly obvious to anyone who has a broad understanding of the different collegiate styles in America.

stopped reading here. Cooper is easily the worst looking building(if you dont count the library) on campus. Im so glad I dont have classes there anymore. The new inside looks great, but the outside makes me want to gouge my eyes out. Engineering buildings and new BSN are my two favorites on campus to be honest. If we could make the rest of the campus look like those two I would be very impressed.

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

What's wrong with Cooper and the Library?

usf-cooperhall-lo.jpg

usflibrary.jpg

• Topic Count:  67
  • Content Count:  3,749
  • Days Won:  3

Cooper is old, dirty and smells like ass 24/7.

Library is nice outside but dated and rundown inside.

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  271
  • Days Won:  1

Actually Cooper is old, but is not dirty, and smells like Subway 24/7.

Math and Physics building looked like **** but they recently landscaped (gasp!) the exterior and it actually looks nice.

Ugliest and shittiest building on campus is Life Science. I have a class in there this semester and it makes me depressed.

Edited by ETA_for_life

• Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  2,994
  • Days Won:  4

if you guys think parts of our campus are cluttered, you need to spend some time on google earth and check out other universities. there are some out there that make usf's campus look like the everglades in terms of spacing and "spread out-ness".

• Topic Count:  91
  • Content Count:  1,716
  • Days Won:  9

Math and Physics building looked like **** but they recently landscaped (gasp!) the exterior and it actually looks nice.

Ugliest and shittiest building on campus is Life Science. I have a class in there this semester and it makes me depressed.

I collaborated with a Physics professor a couple years ago. He told me that after the new interdisciplinary sciences building was built, the plan was to demolish the current Physics building and build a new building closer to the road. He also mentioned something about a bridge connecting the library and this new building.

I can only assume that the current budget cuts have set this plan back a couple of years.

Edit: After looking at the Capital Improvement Plan, I see that PHY is getting 16 million dollars in renovations over the next 3 years. Looks like the building isn't going anywhere for a while. http://usfweb2.usf.edu/FacilitiesPlan/Campus%20Planning/BOG%20CIP2-2012-13.pdf

Edited by &rew Bull

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  271

I collaborated with a Physics professor a couple years ago. He told me that after the new interdisciplinary sciences building was built, the plan was to demolish the current Physics building and build a new building closer to the road. He also mentioned something about a bridge connecting the library and this new building.

I can only assume that the current budget cuts have set this plan back a couple of years.

Edit: After looking at the Capital Improvement Plan, I see that PHY is getting 16 million dollars in renovations over the next 3 years. Looks like the building isn't going anywhere for a while. http://usfweb2.usf.e...IP2-2012-13.pdf

Yea, I walked through it the other day and one of the doors to a lecture hall was open, it was super nice. From the exterior it looks like crap, less-so now that it's landscaped, but inside it looks amazing. Isn't it one of the original campus buildings?

Edited by ETA_for_life

• Topic Count:  166
  • Content Count:  9,038

I was told that Cooper has been renovated since the last time I was there in 2004. Is this true?

• Topic Count:  43
  • Content Count:  684
  • Days Won:  0

I was told that Cooper has been renovated since the last time I was there in 2004. Is this true?

Yes

C10Sil.gif

• Topic Count:  91
  • Content Count:  1,716
  • Days Won:  9

Yes. The interior looks much better now. Looking at the 5-year plan, I saw that even more renovations are set to begin on Cooper in a couple years.

FAH is also receiving funds for renovations. Unless someone has done something about it since I saw the report, it currently has asbestos.