• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Big East Possible Agreement With WVU

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  10,565
  • Days Won:  7

I would hope that Boise will be announced soon. If not, then there would have been no reason to let WVU out like this.

• Replies 427
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,568
  • Days Won:  423

I thought Memphis was the replacement for WVU this year?

• Content Count:  1,867
  • Days Won:  0

June 30th... WVU last day in the BE

per B.M

• Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

Believe Memphis is starting in 2013.

• Content Count:  8,044
  • Days Won:  9

Announcement forthcoming today

The settlement allows WVU to leave the Big East for the Big 12 on July 1, but WVU will have to pay the Big East $20 million in damages.

WVU, however, will get half of that payment from the Big 12, sources say. Five-million will be a direct gift while the remaining $5 million will be returned to the Big 12 in future years by WVU taking a smaller payout from the league.

West Virginia has already paid the Big East $2.5 million. That check was sent last fall when WVU announced it was leaving the league. Much, if not all, of the remaining $7.5 million will be covered by money owed WVU by the Big East that will not be paid.

http://www.wvmetrone...y&storyid=50958

Now go get Boise St this year.

Does that mean you'll fade away now, or do we have to wait until July?

• Content Count:  820

1st is Boise

2nd choice is Memphis, more likely choice since Boise is set in its way not leaving this year.

• Content Count:  820

The settlement allows WVU to leave the Big East for the Big 12 on July 1, but WVU will have to pay the Big East $20 million in damages.

WVU, however, will get half of that payment from the Big 12, sources say. Five-million will be a direct gift while the remaining $5 million will be returned to the Big 12 in future years by WVU taking a smaller payout from the league.

West Virginia has already paid the Big East $2.5 million. That check was sent last fall when WVU announced it was leaving the league. Much, if not all, of the remaining $7.5 million will be covered by money owed WVU by the Big East that will not be paid.

No, I will be around especially to talk Tampa Bay Bucs, and I am interested in seeing the USF budget cut issues, as again we have property in area and ultimately in 7-11 years, I would like to be working for USF.

• Content Count:  8,044
  • Days Won:  9

No, I will be around especially to talk Tampa Bay Bucs, and I am interested in seeing the USF budget cut issues, as again we have property in area and ultimately in 7-11 years, I would like to be working for USF.

Oh lucky day!

• Content Count:  10,565
  • Days Won:  7

1st is Boise

2nd choice is Memphis, more likely choice since Boise is set in its way not leaving this year.

I'm not so sure that Boise is "set in its way" right now. I'd be shocked if they didn't want to get out, especially if the the Big East is going to help them buy out of the Mountain West.

• Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

Archived