• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Big East Possible Agreement With WVU

• Replies 427
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  7,040
  • Days Won:  11

so apparently big12 is "loaning" WV the money...

ChipBrownOB Chip Brown

Big 12 source tells Orangebloods.com #Big12 will "loan" #WVU up to half of $20 mil exit fee from #BigEast. ... bit.ly/xXM6eU #cfb

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  7,634
  • Days Won:  6

so apparently big12 is "loaning" WV the money...

ChipBrownOB Chip Brown

Big 12 source tells Orangebloods.com #Big12 will "loan" #WVU up to half of $20 mil exit fee from #BigEast. ... bit.ly/xXM6eU #cfb

This article assumes Temple has been accepted into the BE. Did I miss something?

• Content Count:  260
  • Days Won:  0

I believe that WVU fans/admin are still pissed at UCF for dropping a game in Morgantown.
well, if memory serves me right, they dropped the game in like april - i think we got 1-AA Eastern Washington as the replacement. and even though they did it so late, WVU accepted the buyout pmt and moved on - no talk of lawsuits and such - pretty remarkable for a lawsuit happy school ! ;):)
But not so much when it comes to Rich Rod, huh? :lol:
c'mon - even you can admit that bum got what he deserved.
You mean millions of dollars ?
And a fresh start at Arizona, where he should be set up to succeed.

actually - i think if he'd have been given one more year at UM he'd have had a break through successful season - his offense was working at UM, it was the defense that sucked.

I believe that WVU fans/admin are still pissed at UCF for dropping a game in Morgantown.
well, if memory serves me right, they dropped the game in like april - i think we got 1-AA Eastern Washington as the replacement. and even though they did it so late, WVU accepted the buyout pmt and moved on - no talk of lawsuits and such - pretty remarkable for a lawsuit happy school ! ;):)
he paid his entire buy out plus (at least part of but i think all or most of the) legal fees incurred by WVU, so yes, WVU got paid by rrod millions of dollars. :P
Rich Rod paid it ? :lol: :lol: This is one of those "Come on Man" moments. Do you really think Rich Rod paid it ? Really ?

well if you want every last boring detail, i didnt think it was necessary or that y'all would care so i didnt elaborate, but the day before the UM President and AD were scheduled to have to give depositions for the lawsuit, UM up and paid 2.5MM of RRods buyout, and Rich Rod made three annual pmts of $500K - I dont know what the UM arrangement was, but I would think it was more of a loan rather than a gift, but who knows?

• Content Count:  4,501

he paid his entire buy out plus (at least part of but i think all or most of the) legal fees incurred by WVU, so yes, WVU got paid by rrod millions of dollars. :P
Rich Rod paid it ? :lol: :lol: This is one of those "Come on Man" moments. Do you really think Rich Rod paid it ? Really ?

well if you want every last boring detail, i didnt think it was necessary or that y'all would care so i didnt elaborate, but the day before the UM President and AD were scheduled to have to give depositions for the lawsuit, UM up and paid 2.5MM of RRods buyout, and Rich Rod made three annual pmts of $500K - I dont know what the UM arrangement was, but I would think it was more of a loan rather than a gift, but who knows?

No - just the facts Bro - you said Rich Rod paid it and I knew for a fact he didn't. Now at least you admit UM paid most of it and you can believe he wasn't out of pocket for any remianing payments

• Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

I miss the pop corn eating smiley

No - just the facts Bro - you said Rich Rod paid it and I knew for a fact he didn't. Now at least you admit UM paid most of it and you can believe he wasn't out of pocket for any remianing payments

fair enough point - i was not attempting to deliberately deceive you or anyone - perhaps i misspoke or should have elaborated - i really didnt think it was a point of interest to you or anyone on this board, it certainly isnt to me - i have moved on from the rrod era - i still like to watch his teams - his offenses are fun to watch - i am not one of the bitter, hold a grudge forever fans that a lot of wvu fans come across where rrod is concerned.

wvu received the entire buyout to which it was entitled, plus legal fees - that's really all i cared about.

• Content Count:  820

Announcement forthcoming today

The settlement allows WVU to leave the Big East for the Big 12 on July 1, but WVU will have to pay the Big East $20 million in damages.

WVU, however, will get half of that payment from the Big 12, sources say. Five-million will be a direct gift while the remaining $5 million will be returned to the Big 12 in future years by WVU taking a smaller payout from the league.

West Virginia has already paid the Big East $2.5 million. That check was sent last fall when WVU announced it was leaving the league. Much, if not all, of the remaining $7.5 million will be covered by money owed WVU by the Big East that will not be paid.

http://www.wvmetrone...y&storyid=50958

Now go get Boise St this year.

Archived