• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Big East Possible Agreement With WVU

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  21,301
  • Days Won:  10

If this statement is true about Rutgers. Then it must mean that USF have someone that will fill the lost spot by the West Virginia (we don't live up to the contracts we sign) team. I can't stand anyone who tells you to your face they agree to a 27 month exit policy and then go running after another conference because of money. No class just pure greed.

But in the event of a settlement for WVU's immediate exit, the Newark (N.J.) Star-Ledger reported Wednesday that the Big East plans to compensate Rutgers football's lost conference game against the Mountaineers by having the Scarlet Knights play Syracuse twice.

• Replies 427
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

If this statement is true about Rutgers. Then it must mean that USF have someone that will fill the lost spot by the West Virginia (we don't live up to the contracts we sign) team. I can't stand anyone who tells you to your face they agree to a 27 month exit policy and then go running after another conference because of money. No class just pure greed.

But in the event of a settlement for WVU's immediate exit, the Newark (N.J.) Star-Ledger reported Wednesday that the Big East plans to compensate Rutgers football's lost conference game against the Mountaineers by having the Scarlet Knights play Syracuse twice.

Eh?

It appears that Boise State is going to join the conference in 2012 and fill the lost WVU games.

• Content Count:  260
  • Days Won:  0

I believe that WVU fans/admin are still pissed at UCF for dropping a game in Morgantown.
well, if memory serves me right, they dropped the game in like april - i think we got 1-AA Eastern Washington as the replacement. and even though they did it so late, WVU accepted the buyout pmt and moved on - no talk of lawsuits and such - pretty remarkable for a lawsuit happy school ! ;):)
But not so much when it comes to Rich Rod, huh? :lol:

c'mon - even you can admit that bum got what he deserved.

• Content Count:  4,501

I believe that WVU fans/admin are still pissed at UCF for dropping a game in Morgantown.
well, if memory serves me right, they dropped the game in like april - i think we got 1-AA Eastern Washington as the replacement. and even though they did it so late, WVU accepted the buyout pmt and moved on - no talk of lawsuits and such - pretty remarkable for a lawsuit happy school ! ;):)

You mean millions of dollars ?

• Content Count:  8,044
  • Days Won:  9

And a fresh start at Arizona, where he should be set up to succeed.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,566
  • Days Won:  423

well, if memory serves me right, they dropped the game in like april - i think we got 1-AA Eastern Washington as the replacement. and even though they did it so late, WVU accepted the buyout pmt and moved on - no talk of lawsuits and such

There was no need for a lawsuit considering you replaced them with a better game ....

• Content Count:  260

he paid his entire buy out plus (at least part of but i think all or most of the) legal fees incurred by WVU, so yes, WVU got paid by rrod millions of dollars. :P

• Content Count:  41

I don't need a lesson in how contract law works. What you need to realize is that the Big East is under NO obligation whatsoever to let WVU out of the contract. It's going to take probably more money than any of us are even talking about to happen at this point. And it is laughable that you compare TCU's role to WVU's. It is nowhere near the same.

lol wrong. Later bitches. Have fun playing SDSU and UCF

I was a little drunk when I posted that and I apologize. Sorry guys.

• Content Count:  4,501

he paid his entire buy out plus (at least part of but i think all or most of the) legal fees incurred by WVU, so yes, WVU got paid by rrod millions of dollars. :P

Rich Rod paid it ? :lol: :lol: This is one of those "Come on Man" moments. Do you really think Rich Rod paid it ? Really ?

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Content Count:  4,741
  • Days Won:  3

I don't need a lesson in how contract law works. What you need to realize is that the Big East is under NO obligation whatsoever to let WVU out of the contract. It's going to take probably more money than any of us are even talking about to happen at this point. And it is laughable that you compare TCU's role to WVU's. It is nowhere near the same.

lol wrong. Later bitches. Have fun playing SDSU and UCF

I was a little drunk when I posted that and I apologize. Sorry guys.

Drunk posting can be dangerous. I've never done anything like that at all. ;):D

Archived