• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

John Egbunu C / Drew Davis PG, Eagles Landing HS, McDonough GA

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  132
  • Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

Vega, are you hearing about any other non-finesse players that can help USF in the frontcourt next season? We need some goons to grab boards and free up some of our more athletic wing players that we got in last recruiting cycle.

I agree we really need to add another big body guy to compete with Egbunu for minutes at center. Omogbehin just doesn't appear to be the answer. I haven't seen anything out there yet, but hopefully in another month or so a potential candidate will emerge.

PF Demetrius Henry is still the main target. He isn't the physical built player like Egbunu, but he is 6-10 and aggressive. Very good rebounder and shot blocker. Imo we have a better chance at getting him if we do the package deal with Niem Stevenson. Texas and Miami are trying to do that.

-------------------

Where are we going to get the scholarships for those two because if no one else leaves besides seniors and all the recruits make it in we are at 13 ships.

Now you know Heath is going to have scholarships available this spring. USF always have scholarships available because for whatever reason we come up with, a guy or 2 transfer out. Personally I would be surprised if Omogbehin is brought back. Heath just doesn't have much patience if guys aren't showing him enough potential. Josh Heath can walkon at anytime because he's the son of the head coach. It wouldn't shock me if Zach LeDay transfers either. I like him, but if Henry can be gotten, what would his minutes be like?

LeDay is improving, and he show's me a lot more upside than Omo at this point. I sure hope LeDay has a little bit more left as far as growth spurts are concerned because he's built like a SF rather than a PF. With Kore White gone next year, I think  LeDay's hustle will ensure he gets minutes next season, regardless whether USF is able to land Henry.

• 1 month later...

• Topic Count:  28
  • Content Count:  247
  • Days Won:  0

Egbunu is in the building for the game tonight. Wish he could throw on a jersey and help them right now!

• Topic Count:  303
  • Content Count:  5,982
  • Days Won:  2

Egbunu is in the building for the game tonight. Wish he could throw on a jersey and help them right now!

They didn't need him against UCONN

• Topic Count:  28
  • Content Count:  247
  • Days Won:  0

Nope they didn't. Posted that before the game but we definitely played a lot better than I thought. Next stop cincy! Go Bulls!

• 3 months later...

• Topic Count:  132
  • Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

the academic committee will not go down without a fight

http://www.tampabay.com/blogs/bulls/egbunus-enrollment-pushed-back-to-fall/2128899

Not too bad. I hope big John knocks out what he needs to inorder to get on campus in the Fall. Fingers are crossed.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,587
  • Days Won:  424

When Davis didn't make it in I was hoping the other shoe wouldn't fall with Egbunu but hopefully he dos get here in August. Sounds pretty positive but you never know ...

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

stock-photo-8852135-fingers-crossed.jpg

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

**** academic committee strikes again.

• Topic Count:  731
  • Content Count:  10,367
  • Days Won:  40

**** academic committee strikes again.

Maybe I need to have a little talk with them....