• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

John Egbunu C / Drew Davis PG, Eagles Landing HS, McDonough GA

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  303
  • Content Count:  5,982
  • Days Won:  2

I missed this one but looks like our future starting center will be taking in a few practices.

Greg Auman â€@gregauman

USF men's basketball commitment John Egbunu, national top-100 center from Fort Walton Beach, is making official visit to Bulls this weekend.

• 2 months later...

Team Breakdown â€@TeamBreakdown

2014 Malik Price-Martin had 20pts, 10rebs, 3blks in a match up against USF recruit John Egbunu (17pts & 9rebs) as Northeast beat Ft Walton

I been following the progress of these future Bulls players this season as best I can. I listed this stat line with Egbunu because this was a matchup of high caliber players and USF is recruiting Price Martin too.

• Topic Count:  731
  • Content Count:  10,367
  • Days Won:  40

Nice stats for a big time match up. Get ready John. We need help inside. O rebs are getting ridiculous.

Nice stats for a big time match up. Get ready John. We need help inside. O rebs are getting ridiculous.

We definitely need to add another Big Man to the class. Demetrius Henry is a must get imo.

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  761
  • Days Won:  1

We definitely need to add another Big Man to the class. Demetrius Henry is a must get imo.

When he is choosing what school he will be going to? I assume since he didn't sign in the early signing period, there is still a date he has to choose by

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  126
  • Days Won:  0

I believe the regular or "late" signing period begins in mid April and lasts one month. Usually kids that are waiting til then believe that their senior year will elevate their status and bring them offers from higher profile schools. I thought Henry had some pretty good offers (haven't looked lately) so he might be looking for an elite offer. I would really like to sign this kid. I had thought we might have a leg up on him since he is at Faith Baptist in Brandon. I have no inside info but that is where Omog was "placed" when it appeared he couldn't get in USF right out of high school. So I thought he might have gone there perhaps on our recommendation. I have seen him at a USF game this year kind of bumming with Josh Heath.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,589
  • Days Won:  424

Regular signing period for hoops is 4/17/13-5/15/13 ... http://www.ncaa.org/wps/wcm/connect/nli/nli

I believe the regular or "late" signing period begins in mid April and lasts one month. Usually kids that are waiting til then believe that their senior year will elevate their status and bring them offers from higher profile schools. I thought Henry had some pretty good offers (haven't looked lately) so he might be looking for an elite offer. I would really like to sign this kid. I had thought we might have a leg up on him since he is at Faith Baptist in Brandon. I have no inside info but that is where Omog was "placed" when it appeared he couldn't get in USF right out of high school. So I thought he might have gone there perhaps on our recommendation. I have seen him at a USF game this year kind of bumming with Josh Heath.

At last report Henry has a top five, of Texas, Rutgers, Miami, South Carolina, and USF. He took 2 of his 5 official visits to Rutgers and Clemson. I'm not sure he's going to take an official visit to USF since he's been to the campus officially before.

Imo Miami is the school that worries me the most If you are hoping USF gets this guy. He's from that area and Miami like USF is all over his frinds in recruitment. When I wrote that losing 2014 prospect Adonys Henriquez to Miami a couple of weeks ago was a blow to USF recruiting, I had Henry in mind as well besides the fact that Adonys is a **** good prospect. USF thought they were in good shape with him before the surprise verbal to Miami that not many saw coming.

Henry has a teammate/friend at First Baptist, SG Niem Stevenson who is just ballin outta his mind this season. I mentioned him last year that he really wanted to come to USF. He mentioned it on his twitter page that the Bulls was who he would be suiting up for. I don't know what Heath was thinking in not picking this guy up already. Stevenson was a better prospect coming out of Texas then both Zach LeDay and the SG that decommitted form us to sign with Texas, but Niem just didn't yet the exposure. Well his recruitment is taking off as he now has offers from Miami and Texas. We can do the package deal too. It would be more then worth it.