• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Skip Holtz is not going anywhere.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,570
  • Days Won:  1

Our players under Leavitt at least played tough and had the personality of their coach. Under Holtz we play about as soft as he is

True. But they also played the game like a bunch of dumb f**** also under Leavitt. In both of there college coaching careers. Leavitt can't hold a stick to Skip. And if you want to argue that. Then I have no more words for you. But check the records. I guess all of a sudden, Coach Skip drink the Tampa Bay water and got stupid. <_<

If you hate tampa so much I have no clue why you are affiliated with usf.

Don't hate Tampa Bay like I responded to you on the other board. I'm from the area. They just SUCK as sports fans. And all of the professional teams should leave the area. There's too many cities would love to have the Bucs and the Rays. Hell ucf wish they could have USF resume. We (Tampa Bay sports fan) are spoiled and unappreciated for what we have. And don't deserve what we have.

here is the almighty gators vs furman. nice crowd they have there. our crowds have nothing to do with our sports community. win and play decent competition and the casual fans will come.

You talking about spoiled gaytor fan.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

skip won c-usa twice with 9-4 records. please don't measure him for his college football hall of fame bust quite yet.

kragthorpe left Uofl in shambles. strong and skip came in the same year. strong won a share of the conference today. we are 1-5. anybody who thinks we were in worse shape when leavitt left is insane.

And what did CJL do? If a program had a choice outside of Tampa Bay area to choose a coach. Who would they choose between Leavitt and Skip?

alabama tried to hire leavitt.

not sure who else has wanted skip.

I'm not debating this. I thought it was time to get rid of leavitt. I am not impressed with holtz at all. strong won a conference title 2 years after kragthorpe went 3-12 in this conference.

• Content Count:  1,570
  • Days Won:  1

skip won c-usa twice with 9-4 records. please don't measure him for his college football hall of fame bust quite yet.

kragthorpe left Uofl in shambles. strong and skip came in the same year. strong won a share of the conference today. we are 1-5. anybody who thinks we were in worse shape when leavitt left is insane.

And what did CJL do? If a program had a choice outside of Tampa Bay area to choose a coach. Who would they choose between Leavitt and Skip?

alabama tried to hire leavitt.

not sure who else has wanted skip.

I'm not debating this. I thought it was time to get rid of leavitt. I am not impressed with holtz at all. strong won a conference title 2 years after kragthorpe went 3-12 in this conference.

All I'm saying is we must be patient. This is only one bad year. If this was to happen next year, then it's time to carry the pitch fork and torches to the AD offices. I would lead the way.

• Content Count:  9,759
  • Days Won:  9

Honestly, I think we had enough talent to win the conference this year. We didn't seize the opportunity. I don't think he's a great coach, and the assistants haven't really showed anything much either. But to be truthfull, I didn't expect a championship. I was thinking 8-4 or so. Hopefully we can reload with more talent next year and BJ continues to get better. Again not expecting a championship next year, but we need to see vast improvements or he will be on a very hot seat!

• Content Count:  8,174
  • Days Won:  6

We have espn talented players but NO depth

• Content Count:  1,204
  • Days Won:  0

Honestly, I think we had enough talent to win the conference this year. We didn't seize the opportunity. I don't think he's a great coach, and the assistants haven't really showed anything much either. But to be truthfull, I didn't expect a championship. I was thinking 8-4 or so. Hopefully we can reload with more talent next year and BJ continues to get better. Again not expecting a championship next year, but we need to see vast improvements or he will be on a very hot seat!

I think he's a good coach, but the assistants are a problem.

A key here is coaching fundamentals and insisting on them. Making your tackles, always giving your best effort. The coaching staff did poorly with this and has done poorly under both coaches we've had. They show up some weeks and don't the next.

But coaches can make a huge difference. Look at Michigan. This is a team that people came into the season talking about how little talent they had on defense. Yeah, Michigan is Michigan, but their defense has been a strength for them because they make tackles, they execute, they are in position. That did not happen last year. But Hoke stresses the fundamentals and Skip needs to strip it down to that or we will need to find a new coach in the next few years. You can see what focusing on fundamentals ended up doing for Michigan. They had a big midseason collapse in conference play last year too, starting out 5-0 and then flailing to the finale with a 7-5 record. This team should end up 10-2 after tomorrow with pretty much the same players. We don't have the year-to-year upside of a Michigan because they can recruit with the best of them, but it shows how much sticking with those fundamentals matters.

We have players who can't tackle well, who are out of position on offense and defense, who don't hold on to balls thrown at them. We need to start with the fundamentals first and boot any player that doesn't want to work on them down the depth chart. The Bucs have the same issues. Talent is nice, but if you can't execute you can only go so far. I see NO ONE on our schedule that I think we could not have beaten, even Pitt, who we made look better than they are.

I'm all for finding a new DC and ST coach. I'd give Fitch one more year to get our guys on offense to execute, but this team is far better than their record.

Part of me would like to not make a bowl so maybe Woolard can force some changes in how we do things. I don't think every coach needs to go, but we need to refocus and realize that the fundamentals need to come first. That is the foundation for your team. You build on that. Anything else and you're building on quicksand.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  150

Coach Leavitt has nothing to do with us losing this year

this has to be the dumbest excuse I have ever heard in my life.

Don't worry-- smazza will come along and tell you what a genius you are and you can roll around in that comment. Don't be surprised if you come out smelling like dog crap though

• Content Count:  1,719
  • Days Won:  6

first of all, no grown man should be calling himself "Skip." i don't care if he calls himself "Cheeseburger," dump the f'n "Skip" and grow a pair.

second, he has next year to right this ship or Holtz can GTFO and "Skip" town.

squib kick before halftime was the last gotdamn straw. period.

• Content Count:  8,612
  • Days Won:  28

I think he's a good coach, but the assistants are a problem.

A key here is coaching fundamentals and insisting on them. Making your tackles, always giving your best effort. The coaching staff did poorly with this and has done poorly under both coaches we've had. They show up some weeks and don't the next.

But coaches can make a huge difference. Look at Michigan. This is a team that people came into the season talking about how little talent they had on defense. Yeah, Michigan is Michigan, but their defense has been a strength for them because they make tackles, they execute, they are in position. That did not happen last year. But Hoke stresses the fundamentals and Skip needs to strip it down to that or we will need to find a new coach in the next few years. You can see what focusing on fundamentals ended up doing for Michigan. They had a big midseason collapse in conference play last year too, starting out 5-0 and then flailing to the finale with a 7-5 record. This team should end up 10-2 after tomorrow with pretty much the same players. We don't have the year-to-year upside of a Michigan because they can recruit with the best of them, but it shows how much sticking with those fundamentals matters.

We have players who can't tackle well, who are out of position on offense and defense, who don't hold on to balls thrown at them. We need to start with the fundamentals first and boot any player that doesn't want to work on them down the depth chart. The Bucs have the same issues. Talent is nice, but if you can't execute you can only go so far. I see NO ONE on our schedule that I think we could not have beaten, even Pitt, who we made look better than they are.

I'm all for finding a new DC and ST coach. I'd give Fitch one more year to get our guys on offense to execute, but this team is far better than their record.

Part of me would like to not make a bowl so maybe Woolard can force some changes in how we do things. I don't think every coach needs to go, but we need to refocus and realize that the fundamentals need to come first. That is the foundation for your team. You build on that. Anything else and you're building on quicksand.

Well said. Maybe we need to spend more time on fundamentatls like blocking, tackling, throwing and catching in Vero beach, instead of working on getting better at homerun derby, hula hoop, golf, ring toss or whatever corny team building activities Holtz comes up with.

• Content Count:  6,181
  • Days Won:  12

Fundamentals have always been something USF football lacks.

Archived