• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Skip Holtz is not going anywhere.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,570
  • Days Won:  1

You can cry, b***h and moan about it. Nothing is going to happen with the coaching. He can't help the hand that he was dealt with. Last year he had senior leadership. They did better than expected with the leftover talent. This year he doesn't have the talent or the leadership and now you are asking for his head. Plus he have players that either shouldn't be on the field or out of position. And that could be from lack of depth. Michael Lanaris is not a starting MLB for a fast defensive team in Florida. He is built more like a MLB on a Big 10 team. Kavon Webster is not a cornerback. He's more fit to play safety. And Darrell Scott should not be starting over Demetris Murray.

We must give him time. He's only had one full year of recruiting. The players he has brought in this year will be stars. Players like Andre Davis, Elkino Watson, Ruben Gonzalez, Kenneth Durden, Willie Davis. He haven't gotten his big name QB in here yet. ( I really hope it's Trenton Norvell) It could be Matt Floyd next year. But the team he has still have a lot of Leavitt players on it. And yes, CJL would have won more games with the talent that's here. And BJ would have benefited with CJL here. BJ was brought in here to be that next Grothe. To play wild and improvise on the run style. That not how Coach Skip offenses operate. Let Skip get all of his players in here.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  6,181
  • Days Won:  12

You play to the strengths of the players you have now until you get "your" players in. Our team lacks discipline and coaching, not talent.

• Content Count:  5,881
  • Days Won:  7

You can cry, b***h and moan about it. Nothing is going to happen with the coaching. He can't help the hand that he was dealt with. Last year he had senior leadership. They did better than expected with the leftover talent. This year he doesn't have the talent or the leadership and now you are asking for his head. Plus he have players that either shouldn't be on the field or out of position. And that could be from lack of depth. Michael Lanaris is not a starting MLB for a fast defensive team in Florida. He is built more like a MLB on a Big 10 team. Kavon Webster is not a cornerback. He's more fit to play safety. And Darrell Scott should not be starting over Demetris Murray.

We must give him time. He's only had one full year of recruiting. The players he has brought in this year will be stars. Players like Andre Davis, Elkino Watson, Ruben Gonzalez, Kenneth Durden, Willie Davis. He haven't gotten his big name QB in here yet. ( I really hope it's Trenton Norvell) It could be Matt Floyd next year. But the team he has still have a lot of Leavitt players on it. And yes, CJL would have won more games with the talent that's here. And BJ would have benefited with CJL here. BJ was brought in here to be that next Grothe. To play wild and improvise on the run style. That not how Coach Skip offenses operate. Let Skip get all of his players in here.

People said the same thing about Robert McCullum.

• Content Count:  5,591
  • Days Won:  3

We can't afford to fire him. We just do not have the money or the time, he's got next year. If we fail to contend for a BE title next year, I do not want to see Skip Holtz again. But right now, I don't believe we have another choice.

• Content Count:  1,570

Where's our talent? I'll wait.

• Content Count:  445

The hand he was given? He inherited the second most talented team in the League two seasons in a row. What else can you ask for? Get him outta here... Bring in this own players...you got jokes. The guy can't even keep his players from decommitting so sure, give him time. You must be Doug Funny's spokes person, next you will tell me Prado will have the baseball team wining Big East titles ery soon.

• Content Count:  445

Where's our talent? I'll wait.

On the field. Talent is not the problem my friend. Our OC not being able to develop a Oline or how about our DC not being given the ok to call plays how he wants. Skip let him last week, this week we are back to a prevent defense. How did that work out?

• Content Count:  6,181
  • Days Won:  12

We have talent, we just don't use it correctly. We might not have top 25 talent, but we have the talent to win against most BE schools. It's not like we are playing LSU, Alabama, Arkansas on a weekly basis.

• Content Count:  2,305
  • Days Won:  6

I dont want him to go. What will that do? It will just create more instability. We dont need a revolving door of coaches. It doesnt help the players or the program. We need stability. His recruits will come in and hopefully this team will find an identity. I wouldnt mind seeing our special teams coach and Fitch go.

• Content Count:  10,199
  • Days Won:  2

We must have some talent to hold miami to 6...we don't have great talent but its good enough to win most of the big east games.

This team only plays up to big name teams then for big east they look like some bad cusa team, really dont know what is going on with this team. Holtz is here for next year but if we don't see some big improvements he will be gone after next season.

Archived