• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

QB Status thread for the last 2 games

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  8,174
  • Days Won:  6

We have some talent...

No depth tho.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  213
  • Days Won:  1

Why not Ryan Eppes? Isn't he the 3rd string QB, and he's not redshirted..

Because he's not good.

Well Holtz won't let him change positions, why not if he is no good.

Ryan Eppes is a great kid. He's also about my size, something like 5'8" and 150 lbs. He's the emergency guy and sometimes scout team QB. He's not on scholarship. Loves the game, might be a coach someday. He chose to come to USF instead of having a chance to play at a DII or DIII school.

Im confused on what guy your talking about cause eppes is listed as 6'1 220 lbs and from what ive heard he's bulked up to around 245lbs..... and 6'1 means he's taller and weighs more than BJ...

• Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

Im confused on what guy your talking about cause eppes is listed as 6'1 220 lbs and from what ive heard he's bulked up to around 245lbs..... and 6'1 means he's taller and weighs more than BJ...

Really? I may be confused. But I recall seeing him standing next to BJ and Eveld and he was much smaller than both. Maybe that was someone else in his uniform?

• Group:  Admin
  • Content Count:  97,090
  • Days Won:  469

<table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" sb_id="ms__id1001" width="100%"> <tbody sb_id="ms__id1002"> <tr sb_id="ms__id1003"> <td align="right" colspan="100" sb_id="ms__id1004" style="padding: 4px 0px 4px 4px;" valign="middle"> <!-- AddThis Button BEGIN --><!-- AddThis Button END --> </td> </tr> <tr sb_id="ms__id1018"> <td id="PlayerBioTag" sb_id="ms__id1019" width="36"> biotag.png</td> <td id="PlayerBioContent" sb_id="ms__id1021"> <table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" sb_id="ms__id1022" width="100%"> <tbody sb_id="ms__id1023"> <tr sb_id="ms__id1024"> <td id="PlayerBioImage" sb_id="ms__id1025" valign="top" width="178"> DPKDCFXLSTVWWZI.20110814200308.jpgZoom.gif </td> <td id="PlayerBioDetails" sb_id="ms__id1029" valign="top"> #19 Ryan Eppes <table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" id="PlayerBioInfo" sb_id="ms__id1031" width="100%"> <tbody sb_id="ms__id1032"> <tr sb_id="ms__id1033"> <td class="PlayerBioPosName" sb_id="ms__id1034"> Position:</td> <td class="PlayerBioPosValue" sb_id="ms__id1035"> Quarterback</td> </tr> <tr sb_id="ms__id1036"> <td class="PlayerBioPosName" sb_id="ms__id1037"> Height:</td> <td class="PlayerBioPosValue" sb_id="ms__id1038"> 6'1"</td> </tr> <tr sb_id="ms__id1039"> <td class="PlayerBioPosName" sb_id="ms__id1040"> Weight:</td> <td class="PlayerBioPosValue" sb_id="ms__id1041"> 220</td> </tr> <tr sb_id="ms__id1042"> <td class="PlayerBioPosName" sb_id="ms__id1043"> Year:</td> <td class="PlayerBioPosValue" sb_id="ms__id1044"> Redshirt Sophomore</td> </tr> <tr sb_id="ms__id1045"> <td class="PlayerBioPosName" sb_id="ms__id1046"> City/State:</td> <td class="PlayerBioPosValue" sb_id="ms__id1047"> Seminole, FL</td> </tr> <tr sb_id="ms__id1048"> <td class="PlayerBioPosName" sb_id="ms__id1049"> High School:</td> <td class="PlayerBioPosValue" sb_id="ms__id1050"> Largo</td> </tr> <tr sb_id="ms__id1051"> <td class="PlayerBioPosName" sb_id="ms__id1052"> Experience:</td> <td class="PlayerBioPosValue" sb_id="ms__id1053"> SQ</td> </tr> </tbody> </table> </td> </tr> </tbody> </table> </td> </tr> </tbody></table>

Yeah, but we all know the bios aren't always accurate. How big is he really?

I really thought he was smaller than the other two guys, but maybe that was someone else standing next to them.

• Content Count:  5,591
  • Days Won:  3

Why not Ryan Eppes? Isn't he the 3rd string QB, and he's not redshirted..

Because he's not good.

Well Holtz won't let him change positions, why not if he is no good.

Ryan Eppes is a great kid. He's also about my size, something like 5'8" and 150 lbs. He's the emergency guy and sometimes scout team QB. He's not on scholarship. Loves the game, might be a coach someday. He chose to come to USF instead of having a chance to play at a DII or DIII school.

He's a local kid, went to Largo. Hard worker, and continues to stick around. He was never great in HS, but he's not that small. Just on the team for the scout team. Nothing against him, he's just not a D1 QB, and I'm pretty sure he knows it.

• Content Count:  2,994
  • Days Won:  4

i was gonna chime in, i talked to floyd and eveld under the tents during the rain at fan fest in august. eppes is definitely 6'1" 220. he had his cleats on still and was a shade taller than me at 6 feet, and slightly more built as well. i'm about 190, and he had alot more bulk in his arms.

dunno if he's any good, but maybe he deserves a chance.

this offense isn't staggeringly difficult. we have a run game. handing off is easy. i'm sure he knows the WR routes and playbook well from practice squad and stuff. never seen him play though.

• Content Count:  3,594
  • Days Won:  3

Whoever is saying louisville isn't any good will be a sad man/woman/both come about 2:15 pm Friday

If BJ isn't available to backup, looks like it could be a choice between Eppes, Floyd and Eveld or maybe Marc. Since Eveld spent more at QB last spring, I'd have to figure it'd be him over Marc. Sounds like Floyd will get the first shot to be the backup.

• Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

Better get Floyd ready to come in if Eveld isn't effective, which he really hasn't been in limited action this year.

Archived