• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

QB Status thread for the last 2 games

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  4,442
  • Days Won:  9

BJ - Sprained AC Joint.... possible but not likely to play this week. Stafford had the same injury and missed 3 weeks to give an example of possible missed time.

Eveld - Injured in some way but as far as I can tell it hasn't been disclosed what's wrong. He's listed at #3 right now on the depth chart.

Matt Floyd - Per Holtz' presser today, he's going to start Friday if BJ can't go.... they'll burn his red shirt.

It's bad to the point that Landi and Marc were mentioned as backups this week.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  22,704
  • Days Won:  108

Really hard to believe they would burn his red shirt for 2 games. I would rather they go with Landi and then Marc. Shoot Virgin was a HS QB. This is telling me that they aren't real high on Floyd. And what injury does Eveld have, Cantthrowititis?

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

Wow-at least we're really good at going from bad to worse.

• Content Count:  7,201
  • Days Won:  3

If you are going to lose, do it well....

• Content Count:  3,692
  • Days Won:  2

I think it's only a bruised AC joint. Making L'ville gameplan for 3 qb's.

• Content Count:  7,693
  • Days Won:  2

From what I heard Eveld has a sprained wrist... which is why he stopped tossing the ball down the field against Miami, if he did not suffera sprained wrist then we maybe could have won, or at least took it to OT.

Oh well I'm looking forward to Floyd coming in... Louisville is a weak team this year and it should be a good warm up game for him...

Personally I hope Floyd comes out and has a 500 yard, 4 TD game so we won't have to endure the BJD show anymore...

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Content Count:  4,741
  • Days Won:  3

I've had a bruised AC joint, can be quite painful, but a nice shot of cortisone in the right places, will make the all the pain go away. Problem with the cortisone, if he's not feeling much pain, then he may do more damage to his shoulder.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  4,442
  • Days Won:  9

Really hard to believe they would burn his red shirt for 2 games. I would rather they go with Landi and then Marc. Shoot Virgin was a HS QB. This is telling me that they aren't real high on Floyd. And what injury does Eveld have, Cantthrowititis?

Skip's exact quote was that he'd burn Floyd's Red Shirt if it meant getting Bowl eligible. The tone of his comments seemed to indicate to me (my opinion) that he's not real confident BJ will be ready by Friday.

I think it's only a bruised AC joint. Making L'ville gameplan for 3 qb's.

Yes... it's only a bruise... but that same injury kept Matt Stafford out for 3 weeks... I really doubt he plays this week.

• Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

Man, I'd hate to burn Floyd's redshirt for two games that aren't all that meaningful in the grand scheme of things. I'd rather have Landi or Marc run the show. I think Floyd will be good down the road, but I think Landi could run the current offense relatively well. The Eveld injury does explain some of the 4th quarter play.

Archived