• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

BJ Daniels' Injury report?

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  4,741
  • Days Won:  3

does it matter? what's the worst that can happen? we lose???

exactly, we will be lucky if 20k show up on Friday. I don't see us winning anymore games this year.

Not sure I get what the attendance numbers for the game on Friday have to do with anything ... but OK. We have lost a lot of tough games and certainly there are no prizes for being "close", but we have been competitive every game this year save one. So if from that you can somehow conclude that you can't "see us winning anymore games this year" perhaps you should move to Vegas and reap the benefits of such keen prognostic capabilities. Don't get me wrong, neither of our remaining games are guaranteed wins and we certainly could loose them both, but we certainly have a very good chance of winning one more.

The reason I see us not winning either of our remaining games is that we don't have an offense. There is no way we out score WV. Hell if they score 14 points we are done

Perhaps... but at times this season we have had an offense and no defense. First half of Pitt it felt like our D was out of it and our O was keeping up. It really just seems we can't get both sides of the ball to show-up for the same game. I think we have a D not only capable of holding WVU to less than 14, I think we have a D that may well be capable of scoring 10 - 14 on their own. But time will tell...

This kills me. Sometimes I think that it even happens within a single game. If the D plays well, the O gives the ball away, If the O scores, the D will give up a long drive. I've been saying it all year, this team is the most fristrating team I've ever watched.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

Two top teams in the BE? Come on, the BE is completely mediocre with no real talented team between top and bottom.

They are at the top of the standings in the conference because they have beaten teams that we couldn't. That, to me, is worrisome about our chances to win either remaining game.

I think we lost on a last second field goal to the best team will face in our final three games.

Again, disagree. I believe WVU is far better than Miami is.

I haven't heard for sure that BJ is out for at least a game, but I am not sure it is much of a drop-off. We really have no viable QB. Eveld's passes were much crisper and delivered on point. Maybe we'll try a pass over 10 yards with Bobby.

The thing we miss not having BJ is his running ability. Takes away a dimension that is pretty valuable. Eveld had a couple dropped passes but BJ is still leaps and bounds the better QB to play.

I think if we play solid defense - which we haven't all season but have as of late -- we are going to be in the next two games which gives us a good chance of winning one of them.

I think your reasons are more hopeful than anything - we have a chance, no doubt, but I wouldn't say we have a "very good" chance.

• Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

Back to the original topic of BJ's injury, this may be a blessing in disguise. If his arm is hurt badly enough so he can't really throw it, maybe he gets moved to running back and we get a real QB next year, either Floyd, one of the recruits, or maybe a Juco transfer. I would hope our staff is burning up the Juco phones today.

• Content Count:  551
  • Days Won:  1

Back to the original question - Does anyone know what BJ's status is?

• Content Count:  5,591
  • Days Won:  3

We definitely had a better chance to win with BJ in there. Hope he's ok.

I don't know if DEFINITELY is the right word. I would say maybe?

If you don't think BJ is a much better player, you do not know football. Eveld is not on the same level as BJ.

• Content Count:  6,181
  • Days Won:  12

does it matter? what's the worst that can happen? we lose???

exactly, we will be lucky if 20k show up on Friday. I don't see us winning anymore games this year.

Not sure I get what the attendance numbers for the game on Friday have to do with anything ... but OK. We have lost a lot of tough games and certainly there are no prizes for being "close", but we have been competitive every game this year save one. So if from that you can somehow conclude that you can't "see us winning anymore games this year" perhaps you should move to Vegas and reap the benefits of such keen prognostic capabilities. Don't get me wrong, neither of our remaining games are guaranteed wins and we certainly could loose them both, but we certainly have a very good chance of winning one more.

Well when you have lost every close game this year,the odds of us winning a close game aren't that great. We can't finish a game.

• Content Count:  1,570
  • Days Won:  1

I am just looking for an explanation as to why the chances are "very good" we will win one more game. Nothing in your previous posts suggest why you think that, as we may be without our only viable QB for at least a game, and we'll be up against two of the top BE teams in the remaining games.

Two top teams in the BE? Come on, the BE is completely mediocre with no real talented team between top and bottom. I think we lost on a last second field goal to the best team will face in our final three games. I haven't heard for sure that BJ is out for at least a game, but I am not sure it is much of a drop-off. We really have no viable QB. Eveld's passes were much crisper and delivered on point. Maybe we'll try a pass over 10 yards with Bobby.

I think if we play solid defense - which we haven't all season but have as of late -- we are going to be in the next two games which gives us a good chance of winning one of them.

I think the game is on ESPN3. Watch it again, and see if you'll make that comment again.

• Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

We definitely had a better chance to win with BJ in there. Hope he's ok.

I don't know if DEFINITELY is the right word. I would say maybe?

A new OC would set BJ back his senior year. New coaches at this point will not help us next year...an evaluation of coaching style and talent is the best we can hope for...every ounce of me just hopes this year was a fluke

If you don't think BJ is a much better player, you do not know football. Eveld is not on the same level as BJ.

• Content Count:  1,011
  • Days Won:  2

Back to the original topic of BJ's injury, this may be a blessing in disguise. If his arm is hurt badly enough so he can't really throw it, maybe he gets moved to running back and we get a real QB next year, either Floyd, one of the recruits, or maybe a Juco transfer. I would hope our staff is burning up the Juco phones today.

Yeah...let's hope our starting quarterback is severely injured... :rolleyes:

BJ is the quarterback, he will be the quarterback next year. Some of you are insane. You think Floyd is going to come in and do any better in his first year?

• Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

Yeah...let's hope our starting quarterback is severely injured... :rolleyes:

BJ is the quarterback, he will be the quarterback next year. Some of you are insane. You think Floyd is going to come in and do any better in his first year?

I would hope he wouldn't do any worse than 5-5 after 10 games.

And no, I'm not wishing further ill on BJ, but just hoping his injury will force the staff to get someone better.

Archived