• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

WVU To Big 12: Not so Fast My Friend

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  33
  • Days Won:  0

I would LOVE BYU....they have a national following like ND!

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  1,235
  • Days Won:  1

Houston expected to OK move

University of Houston regents will meet Thursday and are expected to give the chancellor authority to move the Cougars out of Conference USA to a new league, possibly the Big East.

The regents on Monday scheduled the special meeting to give university chancellor and president Renu Khator the authority to "execute a contract for athletic conference affiliation and to negotiate and provide notice of contract cancellation."

http://espn.go.com/c...conference-move

--> This is currently my favorite of the BE ``Save Our Ass`` expansion options. Houston is serious, was once a big time program in the SWC, and gives us a foothold in Texas.

Houston was a big time program for like three years in the early 90s...that's pretty much their relevant national history until Briles and Sumlin made them respectable in the CUSA.

They ain't saving this conference, Boise State and BYU will.

And WVU was only something when White and Slaton were there. They were mediocre before and have been since they left. The fans on the rivals West VA board are even more delusional about the greatness of their team than we are.

Go Bulls!

• Content Count:  145

This realignment thing changes as the wind blows. As long as we sit at the end of the day with AQ secured...I'm good.

• Content Count:  3,685
  • Days Won:  14

Once the leaches are removed from the Big East... assuming of course it remains together, then BYU, Air Force, Navy, and Boise will likely join as full members. There should be no issues with not scheduling BYU on Sunday... it should be easy to work around that.

if it were easy the big 12 would have done it.

the location of these schools sans navy make it almost impossible to be full time members. no way will women's softball(as well as all other olympic sports) travel that far to play boise state or byu. the costs would be enormous and the logistics a nightmare.

Not sure what you mean. Full membership is not on the table with the Big East. At least, that's not what I've heard or read anywhere.

• Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

http://outkickthecov...-to-hook-up.php

Interesting solutions to all the current alignment problems.

That article is full of win ...

• Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

Full membership is NOT being offered for Air Force and Boise. I don't see how full membership would be offered to BYU.

• Content Count:  1,204

Full membership is NOT being offered for Air Force and Boise. I don't see how full membership would be offered to BYU.

It wouldn't be for the reasons mentioned above.

They also will guarantee that any Saturday night games be played in Provo or out west where the team can be home by Sunday. They will want to avoid travel on Sundays as well, though they'll be down with the Thursday night games.

There are about 6 million Mormons in the US and BYU is kind of their de facto school. They don't bring the same interest that Notre Dame does, but they do have a history and will draw eyes.

With Boise State, SMU, Houston, Air Force, and BYU there is at least a viable group out west. If Lousiville goes, then I'd guess Cincy will also be placed in the western division. If it is WVU then Louisville would be the choice.

• Content Count:  78

The reasons above, as well as the fact that the coach said they cant recruit against Big12 teams. He said he wouldnt do that to his guys. He can recruit against the BE though. Anyone can. Thats why they are being considered.

That was Air Force I believe.

• Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

Houston expected to OK move

University of Houston regents will meet Thursday and are expected to give the chancellor authority to move the Cougars out of Conference USA to a new league, possibly the Big East.

The regents on Monday scheduled the special meeting to give university chancellor and president Renu Khator the authority to "execute a contract for athletic conference affiliation and to negotiate and provide notice of contract cancellation."

http://espn.go.com/c...conference-move

--> This is currently my favorite of the BE ``Save Our Ass`` expansion options. Houston is serious, was once a big time program in the SWC, and gives us a foothold in Texas.

Houston was a big time program for like three years in the early 90s...that's pretty much their relevant national history until Briles and Sumlin made them respectable in the CUSA.

They ain't saving this conference, Boise State and BYU will.

And WVU was only something when White and Slaton were there. They were mediocre before and have been since they left. The fans on the rivals West VA board are even more delusional about the greatness of their team than we are.

Go Bulls!

They've had more success than Houston overall, but I agree.

The difference? WVU has a large, travels in droves fanbase. Houston doesn't.

My concern is TV contract, WVU brings a lot more to the table than Houston, even with the market difference

• Content Count:  6,754
  • Days Won:  19

My dislike for BYU is almost as bad as it is Florida. I can only imagine the creativity our fan base would have with the shirts and signs when we play BYU. ECU rhymes with gay would be so amateur in comparison.

Archived