• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Consideration from Big 12

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  4,078
  • Days Won:  2

I personally would not bet on it, but it sounds great.

• Content Count:  3,097
  • Days Won:  1

This article pretty much sums up my opinion why the Big XII should at least consider us. If they're willing to consider teams as far out of footprint as Kentucky, Ohio, and West VA, why not consider USF.

• Content Count:  3,692
  • Days Won:  2

We could sure use some LRS right now.

• Content Count:  7,201
  • Days Won:  3

The way we are playing, we could not get back into the sunbelt....

• Content Count:  5,722
  • Days Won:  8

WV is probably next in line....Maybe if the Big 12 go to 12 or 14

• Content Count:  10,565
  • Days Won:  7

The way we are playing, we could not get back into the sunbelt....

Doesn't Missouri have a worse record than us? That hasn't stopped the talk of them to the SEC, has it?

• Content Count:  959
  • Days Won:  1

So, what's the story with realignment now? BE invites were supposed to go out end of last week, but didn't. Everyone still waiting on Mizzou? And, if so, anyone heard what their timeline is? I'm so needing this to be over.

• Content Count:  3,685
  • Days Won:  14

WV is probably next in line....Maybe if the Big 12 go to 12 or 14

Agreed. I like this article not because I think we're next in line, but because we MIGHT be considered if the Big XII goes to 12. WVU would go first, then Louisville. If BYU doesn't work out, I think we'd get in over Cincy (or, at least we SHOULD get in over Cincy, notwithstanding losing to them on Saturday). Who knows, it could be our ultimate scoreboard moment over Cincy! ^_^

• Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

So, what's the story with realignment now? BE invites were supposed to go out end of last week, but didn't. Everyone still waiting on Mizzou? And, if so, anyone heard what their timeline is? I'm so needing this to be over.

Still waiting on Mizzou, which could happen as early as today. There is a B12 Board of Governors meeting today, and there is speculation that Mizzou could announce or it will be announced there that Mizzou has submitted their withdrawal paperwork. It will still take a couple more weeks to get them in the SEC, but it will allow the B12 to finalize their immediate plans.

I've been hearing for some time there was a mystery team in the Big 12 discussions. Given that we aren't really a great fit for the BE geographically, it isn't a big deal for us to move to the B12.

In a lot of ways this would make a lot of sense, and this is the type of thing that ESPN could be involved in. It would keep the BE viable while solving a problem for the B12. As far as the BCS schools, I think they'd rather have the BE keep the AQ than have to deal with a MW/CUSA partnership. If WVU and Louisville stay in the BE, adding UCF, Houston and SMU would be enough for now. BYU, Boise and USF to the B12, and everyone is relatively stable and happy and all lawsuits are off the table.

Still unlikely, but I don't think it is unreasonable.

Archived