• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Consideration from Big 12

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  3,685
  • Days Won:  14

To clarify my earlier post, if the Big XII goes to 12, we should get at least serious consideration. It'd come down to us or Cincy. I agree that it's be hard to make a case that we get invited over UofL or WVU. Not impossible, but highly unlikely. The article recognizes that it would be a "surprise."

Hard to make a case over UofL, I think. But making a case over WVU isn't too difficult. WVU has a great fan base, but it is local and the TV market isn't great. WVU isn't any closer to the B12 schools than USF.

Well, true. I don't disagree. But somebody keeps telling me that college football is about tradition. Not sure I believe it, but every once in a while, tradition rears its ugly head again - usually to USF's detriment.

Another point: WVU basketball is light years ahead of USF. It's a secondary consideration, but I bet the basketball end of the equation isn't being totally ignored by the Big XII.

The savings in calls to the local fire department to put out burning couches would seem to be in USF's favor. But burning couches is a tradition, so...

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  10,565
  • Days Won:  7

Basketball is the last thing on their minds. This is about football, tv revenue and expanding the footprint of a league based on tv revenue now and in the future.

• Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

Basketball is the last thing on their minds. This is about football, tv revenue and expanding the footprint of a league based on tv revenue now and in the future.

not true. basketball as well as all other sports I'm sure has something to do with it. do you know who the #2 in tv revenue payout is for the big 12?

kansas and it isn't for their football program.

• Content Count:  5,722
  • Days Won:  8

http://texas.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1283801

This might be the reason why Missou is on hold. ND would probably make it a no brainer to stay put in the Big 12.

• Content Count:  10,565
  • Days Won:  7

not true. basketball as well as all other sports I'm sure has something to do with it. do you know who the #2 in tv revenue payout is for the big 12?

kansas and it isn't for their football program.

Yes, basketball has something to do with this, but the sole moves being made are for football tv deals.

• Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

We were considered then dismissed

I think we are still on the board for a possible future 12 or 14 team expansion scenario. That could happen within the year. If the B12 can ever agree on anything.

Archived