• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

1010 Not So Happy Hour discussion of Bulls' fan apathy

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  3,691
  • Days Won:  2

I didn't listen to JP yesterday, but I understand his concern.  Did he bring up the fact that his Seminoles have had attendance problems in the past despite having 2 NC and numerous conference titles under their belt?  They weren't exactly filling their stadium a few years ago.  Their fan base is much larger than USF's.

Not to throw stones, but it seems everyone in this state, with the exception of UF, has attendance issues from time to time.

I might add that I read in the Trib a few weeks ago that UF snapped it's 137 sellout streak this year against FAU.  Probably missed it by less than 1,000, but still a little surprising.

USF has a long way to go.  I do think a smaller OCS would help.  Casual fans know they can always get a ticket to a game, so why lock yourself into season tickets.  A smaller OCS would increase season ticket sales. 

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,558
  • Days Won:  423

He basically said USF fans are "spoiled" and the only thing lacking for USF's program success is broad-based passionate fan support.

PJ pretty much nailed it with that ...

So do Rays, so do Bucs, Lightning etc...

Pro sports are a whole different animal, IMO ...

• Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

He basically said USF fans are "spoiled" and the only thing lacking for USF's program success is broad-based passionate fan support.

how are we spoiled and if all it took for a program to be successful is a full stadium then why don't programs like south carolina ever win a thing?

You don't consider South Carolina a successful program?

they've never won the SEC conference.

they won the ACC once in 1969.

they've won the SEC east division once in nearly 20 years and they finished 9-5 that year.

they've won 4 bowl games in their history. (USF has as many bowl victories)

no I don't consider them  a successful program.

• Content Count:  10,565
  • Days Won:  7

I don't think the economy can really be blamed for USF fans not going to the games.  Season ticket prices are so inexpensive - I know I'd be at every game if I lived in the area - I agree that as far as economically, USF has done a lot to try to make it easier for those watching the dollars to come to games.  

I think there are some people that have been affetced by the economy who cannot afford their tickets if they are in a higher donor area.

how are we spoiled and if all it took for a program to be successful is a full stadium then why don't programs like south carolina ever win a thing?

they've won the SEC east division once in nearly 20 years and they finished 9-5 that year.

Everybody has their own opinion of success ... I think in college sports, broad based passionate fan support is a sign of success.

• Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

Everybody has their own opinion of success ... I think in college sports, broad based passionate fan support is a sign of success.

financially successful?? sure.

hoisting awards is a sign of on-field success.

which program has been more "successful" in the last 30 years?

Miami or south carolina?

one has trophies and terrible fan support the other has passionate fans and no hardware.

• Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

Give me hardware all day.

Where is our Big East Title? Let's go get it.

• Content Count:  2,305
  • Days Won:  6

Miami or south carolina?

one has trophies and terrible fan support the other has passionate fans and no hardware.

well-played-mauer.jpg

Miami or south carolina?

Two different types of success and I'd kill for either for USF right now ...

Miami or south carolina?

well-played-mauer.jpg

LOL ...Actually, Mauer lost it when he had to go to"more" successful ... acknowledging that both are successful, which is all we're talking about here.   ;)

Archived