• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

1010 Not So Happy Hour discussion of Bulls' fan apathy

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  743
  • Days Won:  0

Unrealistic expectations by the radio host. With all the issues that have already been addressed in this thread to expect more than 15-20k people to be die hard enough to go to watch a middle of the road team lose to middle of the road competition is unrealistic. Calling out fans is lame and an easy way for him to get callers.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  997
  • Days Won:  1

Pretty much everything you said is spot-on. With our current situation at Ray Jay, tailgating is truly a headache.

I still don't understand this "tailgating is a headache" stuff .... just because of a few parking Nazis?? Open grass fields ... even trees in some spots ... I just don't see the big problem.

The times are short, they space is cramped and the nazi won't even let you throw a football.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  22,712
  • Days Won:  109

Pretty much everything you said is spot-on. With our current situation at Ray Jay, tailgating is truly a headache.

I still don't understand this "tailgating is a headache" stuff .... just because of a few parking Nazis?? Open grass fields ... even trees in some spots ... I just don't see the big problem.

The times are short, they space is cramped and the nazi won't even let you throw a football.

We always have enough time to do appy's, food and dessert plus get enough of a buzz to tolerate either horrible opponents or a bad loss. 

As far as space, did you go to the Miami game last year?  They have painted lines in the parking lot within which you must contain your tailgate.  Ray Jay's lot is much more generous than that.

• Content Count:  3,692
  • Days Won:  2

I hear and see the term 'die hard' fan tossed around like the term 'great'.  Showing up at home game while living in Tampa or the surrounding area hardly qualifies as 'die hard' in my mind.  Let's see some 'die hards' at the away games.  RU is coming up.  How many 'die hards' will be in attendance. 

Go Bulls!

How far is the drive from Philly to Rutgers?

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  4,442
  • Days Won:  9

I hear and see the term 'die hard' fan tossed around like the term 'great'.  Showing up at home game while living in Tampa or the surrounding area hardly qualifies as 'die hard' in my mind.  Let's see some 'die hards' at the away games.  RU is coming up.  How many 'die hards' will be in attendance. 

Go Bulls!

What happened to "I'm done"???

• Content Count:  7,693

Go Bulls!

Since we are in a poorly configured conference you won't see many... a 2 day car trip is a bit much even for diehards.

Doubt you will see many diehard SEC fans make this trek as well if they had to do it each season... big difference between driving from Tampa to Orlando, or Gainesville to Athens... and driving from Tampa to New Jersey or Tampa to Cincinnati.

Bad analogy.

• Content Count:  3,692

Go Bulls!

What happened to "I'm done"???

That's right.  Did you get a refund yet?  You should change your handle to bausfkiduntiltheyloseafewgamesthenaskforarefund.  Does the board allow for a name that long?

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  22,712
  • Days Won:  109

Go Bulls!

We will be 2 of the few.  And 'cuse the following Friday as well.  But honestly, based on the way the past 2 games went, if I had waited until a week ago to plan the trip I would not have done it.  All the tickets, game and airfare, are bought now.

Should, by chance, we score against RU, we'll be in the front row, corner of the endzone (but sitting with 2 friends who might have on RU gear).  Maybe I'll make up a Bullspen sign.  Nah, never make up signs.

• Content Count:  74,659
  • Days Won:  424

We always have enough time to do appy's, food and dessert plus get enough of a buzz to tolerate either horrible opponents or a bad loss. 

This is our experience perfectly ... it won't be better when we move.

• Content Count:  74,659
  • Days Won:  424

Showing up at home game while living in Tampa or the surrounding area hardly qualifies as 'die hard' in my mind.

With OUR fanbase, that's a diehard ...

Archived