• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

1010 Not So Happy Hour discussion of Bulls' fan apathy

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  12,457
  • Days Won:  25

Interesting that one would prefer some 5-10 year old piece hardware to a mostly full stadium of passionate fans.

Give me the fans and take away games like the last two. Just my opinion.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  3,084
  • Days Won:  2

since i first attended usf in 1997 there has been continuous complaints about our marketing department.  even today, we air garbage commericals and do an awful job of promoting our teams with march madness, awareness of games and events, etc. 

seriously if someone on this board has a connection to a decision maker, do me a favor and smack him or her in the face so they can wake up

• Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

Interesting that one would prefer some 5-10 year old piece hardware to a mostly full stadium of passionate fans.

obviously we're not talking about current miami vs current s.c.

that was a historical example.

would you rather USF play in front of 35k fans and win the BE(and NC) in the future or play in front of 55k fans and never win the conference(or NC)?

easy choice IMO. I'll take the hardware over the fan support.

• Content Count:  12,457
  • Days Won:  25

I thought the discussion was fan apathy, and then a successfull program. IMO there will never be a championship without passionate fans in the stands.

IMO a stadium full of passionate fans is paramount to winning. So, from that perspective, I'll take the fans.

I'll take 10-12 wins a year and consider USF a success

• Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

I thought the discussion was fan apathy, and then a successfull program. IMO there will never be a championship without passionate fans in the stands.

IMO a stadium full of passionate fans is paramount to winning. So, from that perspective, I'll take the fans.

I'll take 10-12 wins a year and consider USF a success

you can have success without a huge fan base. ask miami. tcu. boise state.

you can have a huge fan base without success on the field ask. south carolina.

it;s the chicken and the egg problem.

I believe we will have success and then get fans in the stands.

I guess you guys believe we will have to have fans in the stands before success.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  148

obviously we're not talking about current miami vs current s.c.

that was a historical example.

would you rather USF play in front of 35k fans and win the BE(and NC) in the future or play in front of 55k fans and never win the conference(or NC)?

easy choice IMO. I'll take the hardware over the fan support.

the problem with your choice is that if USF were winning meaningful trophies, the stands would be full. Tampa has just always been a fair weather fan type of town. And in some cases-- even that isn't enough -- the have played well the last three out of 4 years and struggled to get good attendance. The economy isn't helping of course. And the shear number of events available has spread the sports fan dollar too thin.

We did pretty good during our run in 2007 with attendance and in 2008 but a little less. It really seems correlated to who we are playing, how we are playing, and how much hype the team is getting.

SO as far as I am concerned-- let's win some trophies and let th chips fall where the may when it comes to attendance. It won't stop me from coming to the games either way.

• Content Count:  66,077
  • Days Won:  172

DOES USF HAVE WORSt attendance in conference

usf has never had an exciting offense

• Content Count:  66,077
  • Days Won:  172

since i first attended usf in 1997 there has been continuous complaints about our marketing department.  even today, we air garbage commericals and do an awful job of promoting our teams with march madness, awareness of games and events, etc. 

seriously if someone on this board has a connection to a decision maker, do me a favor and smack him or her in the face so they can wake up

and usf has never won anything and everytime they never have back to back big time wins

big win is laways followed by disappointing loss

• Content Count:  21,297
  • Days Won:  10

Love what Rutgers fans say. ;D

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  148

and usf has never won anything and everytime they never have back to back big time wins

big win is laways followed by disappointing loss

right-- in 2007 we didn't start off 5-0 beating both a ranked Auburn and WVU teams

never had exciting offense my ass--- Marquel Blackwell and company were plenty exciting back in the day and--- oh wait-- nevermind-- I am talking to a troll

Archived