• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Bulls Football to Be First College Team to Utilize SEATS Pricing System

SRQ

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  183
  • Days Won:  0

What this will really lead to is seats selling for 10 cents in the upper decks  ;)

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  4,139
  • Days Won:  1

Time to re-eveluate my season tickets... 

• Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

no offense but why wouldn't you do that already if price was a consideration? I know i can buy comparable scalped tickets for 1/2 what i pay now and not have to pay a donation.

• Content Count:  4,074
  • Days Won:  14

no offense but why wouldn't you do that already if price was a consideration? I know i can buy comparable scalped tickets for 1/2 what i pay now and not have to pay a donation.

True.  I always thought of the season tickets as an investment in the future.  I had hoped that someday it would be a sellout every game, and it would be a big deal to have guaranteed seats--kind of like the swamp.  Also, if there is ever an OCS, you probably want to be a loyal season ticket holder at RJS to get first dibs on the best seats at the new house.  Not to mention--I like to sit in the same seat for every game.  But that's just me.  If we could just win the games we're supposed to win, none of this would matter.

• Content Count:  4,501
  • Days Won:  0

Does this mean the BB tickets are free ?

• Content Count:  7,693
  • Days Won:  2

True.  I always thought of the season tickets as an investment in the future.  I had hoped that someday it would be a sellout every game, and it would be a big deal to have guaranteed seats--kind of like the swamp.  Also, if there is ever an OCS, you probably want to be a loyal season ticket holder at RJS to get first dibs on the best seats at the new house.  Not to mention--I like to sit in the same seat for every game.  But that's just me.  If we could just win the games we're supposed to win, none of this would matter.

I reevaluated this season and dropped 2 of my extra seats... plan on just sticking with 3 seats unless I win the lotto, get a promotion, or a transfer to another dept. for mo-money.

The economy and family planning has really drained my disposable income

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,558
  • Days Won:  423

It's not only a seat guaranty but the donations are the life blood of Athletics. Got to hope that the vast majority of season ticket holders think like you do ... I'm sure thought process on this new setup was started way before this two game swoon and I notice that nothing official has come from USF yet.  ;)

• Content Count:  7,780
  • Days Won:  7

I don't really know what to think of this.  I mean, they've already sold tickets at $6 and couldn't sell many.  Just makes you wonder about all the donations people make for the privilege of paying full price for their seats.  Might this hurt donations and season ticket sales when people know they can hold out for cheaper seats?  I guess that goes on now though. 

Like sitting next to someone in an airplane and finding out they paid $200 less than you did and you start wondering WTF.

We'll see how it plays out.

I hate when that happens!

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  17,467
  • Days Won:  13

I paid for Season Tickets in 2008, decided I could do better buying single game tickets.

I have not spent over $50 in tickets for an entire season in either 2009, 2010, or this year.

I usually can find people either giving them away at the stadium or buy tickets for like $5, and then sit with all my friends in the empty seats around where they sit. It's sad but true. We have a group of about 20 and maybe 5 bought season tickets and we all sit with them.

Why spend the extra cash?

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  22,679
  • Days Won:  108

perfect pricing model. it's how all sporting events should be priced. based on supply and demand. similar to dutch auction model.

some european movie theatres use this to fill their seats on a consistent basis. higher demand games generate higher prices. lower demand games do not. this actually gives us an incentive to schedule better opponents.

The concept sounds good.  But ask the Rays how that is working out as far as filling the stadium.  It just seems to me there needs to be a bit more demand for the product overall before this type of thing works.  FSU comes to mind.  Don't sell out on a regular basis but are close.  Just my opinion.  It may work out great and put more arses in seats.

Archived