• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Bulls Football to Be First College Team to Utilize SEATS Pricing System

SRQ

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  4,074
  • Days Won:  14

I paid for Season Tickets in 2008, decided I could do better buying single game tickets.

I have not spent over $50 in tickets for an entire season in either 2009, 2010, or this year.

I usually can find people either giving them away at the stadium or buy tickets for like $5, and then sit with all my friends in the empty seats around where they sit. It's sad but true. We have a group of about 20 and maybe 5 bought season tickets and we all sit with them.

Why spend the extra cash?

It is a good annual tax deduction.  If you are gonna donate to a favorite charity, might as well be USF Athletics.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

perfect pricing model. it's how all sporting events should be priced. based on supply and demand. similar to dutch auction model.

some european movie theatres use this to fill their seats on a consistent basis. higher demand games generate higher prices. lower demand games do not. this actually gives us an incentive to schedule better opponents.

The concept sounds good.  But ask the Rays how that is working out as far as filling the stadium.  It just seems to me there needs to be a bit more demand for the product overall before this type of thing works.  FSU comes to mind.  Don't sell out on a regular basis but are close.  Just my opinion.  It may work out great and put more arses in seats.

the rays set their prices. that's not dynamic pricing. they try to determine the demand in a crude 3 tier way. I'm actually surprised that with the owners stock market history he hasn't tried to implement dynamic pricing.

a dynamic pricing model means prices fluctuate as supply and demand come together.

the rays would sell out quite a bit more if they used dynamic pricing.

for instance even when the rays draw well the sections in the first level between third and the foul pole never fill. they are overpricing those seats. in a dynamic model the price would come down to meet demand and the seats would fill. perhaps the people who pay $30 for outfield seats would pay $35 for those. allowing the owners to sell the outfields for say $20 thus bring ing more revenue and filling the stadium.

ticket scalpers fill the void now. they act as a crude market maker for ticket prices. demand is low then they lower prices to sell tickets. demand is high then they up the prices to ensure they meet excess demand.

european companies have been using this model to sell movie tickets, airline tickets, etc.

the market determines the prices. not the sellers. it's the perfect pricing model bringing buyers and sellers together. think ebay for sports tickets. if they used this for all sporting events, concerts, etc. the teams/musicians would make more money and the ticket brokers would be out of business.

the rays and bucs for that matter aren't selling out not because the demand is not there but because they are overpricing their product compared to their market. using dynamic pricing would ensure more sellouts and more total revenue.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,558
  • Days Won:  423

I paid for Season Tickets in 2008, decided I could do better buying single game tickets.

I have not spent over $50 in tickets for an entire season in either 2009, 2010, or this year.

I usually can find people either giving them away at the stadium or buy tickets for like $5, and then sit with all my friends in the empty seats around where they sit. It's sad but true. We have a group of about 20 and maybe 5 bought season tickets and we all sit with them.

Why spend the extra cash?

Yes, Randy, we're all quite aware of your history of being a cheap bastard  ::) ... Thankfully, there are thousands who aren't. Problem is we need tens of thousands ...

• Content Count:  4,879
  • Days Won:  0

i know nothing about this european model; do they usually have a 'price floor' which they will go no lower than?

• Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

i know nothing about this european model; do they usually have a 'price floor' which they will go no lower than?

the movie theatres will continue to show a certain movie until they can't fill the theatre anymore. those that really want to see a movie when it is first released will pay a premium and those willing to wait get a discount.

yes there is usually a price floor(pretty low actually) because there is a minimum they need to make just to break even.

• Content Count:  4,738
  • Days Won:  0

the movie theatres will continue to show a certain movie until they can't fill the theatre anymore. those that really want to see a movie when it is first released will pay a premium and those willing to wait get a discount.

yes there is usually a price floor(pretty low actually) because there is a minimum they need to make just to break even.

i dont think there is a minimum to break even per ticket. it doesnt work like that

• Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

Intersting concept

• Content Count:  9,038
  • Days Won:  1

Does this mean the BB tickets are free ?

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS6OU4P243ahrN4MyhCeZ8PzyWoMa9UCC5sDvfGCH8bgaUC8lG4Z1HMQcNM

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Content Count:  6,747
  • Days Won:  3

On a semi-related note...heard a report last week where there is a flip side to the dynamic pricing model used by airlines. It's available to consumers to gauge when carriers are most likely to reduce their prices thus signaling when you should purchase. The supplier (airlines) has been using this technology for some time, and now that intelligence is available to 'the other side'. So, depending on your flexibility, you can be relatively certain about the cost of your ticket in relation to your flying companions.

As for dynamic pricing, it's designed to better match supply with demand (apply a bit of science vice anecdotal methods) for a perfect price point. It would be interesting to see if this is, at a later date, applied to all tickets; including season tickets. However, until such time as we start filling the stadium, I don't think there will be a great benefit. Imagine the disappointment at Fowler Avenue when HAL delivers the bad news that, well....it looks like we may be charging a wee bit too much for certain sections. The correct price should be [insert embarrassingly low figure here].

• Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

Does this mean the BB tickets are free ?

they pay us.

Archived