• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Local TV for UCONN Game?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  8
  • Days Won:  0

So is this game not on TV locally?  Anyone know what the options are ??? 

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,634
  • Days Won:  424

DVR locked and loaded ...

• Content Count:  3,096
  • Days Won:  1

Yet again, sucks to be a non-Bright House subscriber.  Wish USF could get a different local TV partner that all subscribers have, like MoreTV 32, since CW44 and MyNetwork Tampa Bay have deals with SEC and ACC.

I know I could watch on my PC, but it's not the same.

Curious, but who should I contact at athletics about my concerns? I'd prefer it go to the right person.

• Content Count:  4,077
  • Days Won:  14

Yet again, ***** to be a non-Bright House subscriber.  Wish USF could get a different local TV partner that all subscribers have, like MoreTV 32, since CW44 and MyNetwork Tampa Bay have deals with SEC and ACC.

I know I could watch on my PC, but it's not the same.

Curious, but who should I contact at athletics about my concerns? I'd prefer it go to the right person.

I hear you.  This blows.  I switched to Verizon years ago because all of our away conference games were on the "U" and at the time Brighthouse wouldn't carry the U in tampa bay.  So I switched.  Now, I've got a conference away game that I can't see cause its only on brighthouse.  WTF?  Does this crap ever happen to a "big 3" team?  This is a conference game were talking about, not western ky.

Can't watch on my PC.  Not right.  I'm thinking about going to the Cop Shop in Oldsmar.  Supposed to be the official "watch party" location for North Pinellas.  Hope the Cop Shop can get the game on TV.

• Content Count:  1,985

Blame our showing at Pitt for the BHSN coverage.  I worked for BHN, they are the third check down on broadcast if your will.  ESPN really pulls the strings here because of their contract with IMG-college  (formerly ISP) management.  ESPN has the right to broadcast on any of thier staitions, then it goes to the local broadcaster, if they both pass it goes to BHSN.  To be technical, BHSN has it, but they lose it if either of the others pick it up.

This contract ends after this season if I remember correctly, and BHSN has the ability to renew, but considering they gave up marketing rights to Fios, and they have bought into SEC boradcast they may not hold the exclusive option at USF after this season.

• Content Count:  26

I have Fios and the guide shows that the game will be on SNY (channel 96 in Bradenton).

• Content Count:  4,077
  • Days Won:  14

I have Fios and the guide shows that the game will be on SNY (channel 96 in Bradenton).

I don't think I get SNY in Pinellas.  Does anybody else with Verizon know if we get SNY in Pinellas and what the channel # would be?

• Content Count:  7,201
  • Days Won:  3

I highly recommend sports bars.  There are 3 in Pinellas which will have the event (organized by alumni assns) and I think 2 in Tampa.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  37,651
  • Days Won:  29

BIG Reason why I keep BrightHouse.

Archived