• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Local TV for UCONN Game?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2,277
  • Days Won:  0

Does Verizon have a BHSN type network?

No ...

They need one.  I'm about to move and FIOS is looking mighty good.  Picture quality is amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You're right. Brighouse can't come close to the picture quality and internet speeds of fios.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  1,719
  • Days Won:  6

does anyone know for sure if SNY will be showing the game for Verizon subscribers? yay or nay on the blackout?

i'm not ordering the package for nuthin. jussayin.

• Content Count:  7,780
  • Days Won:  7

Fear not, if you are too lazy I will have the game

Can you post the link....thanks.

• Content Count:  2,187
  • Days Won:  2

I'm going to check with a couple bars up near Orlando and make sure they will be showing it. Really don't want to watch on espn3.com and I think Faza mentioned it not even being on there.

• Content Count:  3,097
  • Days Won:  1

does anyone know for sure if SNY will be showing the game for Verizon subscribers? yay or nay on the blackout?

SNY will broadcast either way, its if Verizon will black it out locally or not.  I suggest calling Verizon.

• Content Count:  1,829
  • Days Won:  1

Gville and north will get it on ESPN 360 provided you have windstream. Otherwise ESPN 3. Ocala Alum Chapter is having a watch party. Ellies wing house?

• Content Count:  1,719
  • Days Won:  6

SNY will broadcast either way, its if Verizon will black it out locally or not.  I suggest calling Verizon.

i called them and as usual the representative didn't know ****. they didn't even know what channel i was talking about, despite telling them the network name, call letters, channel and the stupid ass 8-digit code the TV tells u to reference when calling to subscribe.

it cost $30 to upgrade from the Prime HD package to Ultimate HD package, which includes another couple hundred channels (i now have 5 Big Ten networks. yay.) there is no single sports package for $9.99. there is no pro-rated use of the network for a day if i cancel immediately after the game.

convo went basically like this:

me: "a few other Verizon customers have told me that the game may be blacked out locally because a local network on another provider has the rights to the game, is this true?"

guy: "to be honest i don't know and i wouldn't even want to take a guess. when u call us u can be transferred to a representative anywhere in the country and i'm really not sure what's happening in your area."

me: "i'm subscribing to this package strictly to watch this one single football game. if it does end up being blacked out will i be able to cancel without paying the full $30 for this month?"

guy: "i can't tell u for sure but i'd imagine in extenuating circumstances there would be a way to work something out."

what was the point of calling these people?  his only purpose was taking my money, and he wasn't the most efficient at that.

of course i paid the $30. i'm not missing a Bulls game and if there's a chance i can avoid watching it on mom's couch (she gots da BrightHouse. dinosaur.) or a bar (i prefer to party in my own way ha) i'll gamble on the $30. kinda sucks tho. at least mama's couch is the backup plan! haha

• Content Count:  2,277

I wouldn't expect any CS representative of any provider to actually know what's going to be shown on their channels at any given time.  They're there to sell you packages and help if you're having technical issues.  Would you really take their word for it if they said it was going to be on?  I doubt they know the blackout policies, if there are really any for this game.

• Content Count:  728

Hey if you have Bright House or Verizon in Tampa you can beat the blackout by using a proxy and logging into your MyVerizon or Bright House WatchESPN account as long as your proxy is also not in a black out area as well.

Also it looks like I will have the game go to twitter.com/TBSCBulls

• Content Count:  94

Gville and north will get it on ESPN 360 provided you have windstream. Otherwise ESPN 3. Ocala Alum Chapter is having a watch party. Ellies wing house?

Any alum in the Palm Coast/Daytona/St Augustine area getting together to watch the game today?

Archived