• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

B.J. Daniels

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  35
  • Content Count:  6,574
  • Days Won:  2

If you want to see BJ where he has hit receivers in stride, do a simple Youtube search.  That is all.  

Great, highlight videos. He hit ONE receiver in stride last night. One. I dont want to have to You Tube a collection of his all time greatest plays, half of which are against little sisters of the poor.

I WANT TO WATCH A USF QB WHO CAN HIT RECEIVERS IN STRIDE CONSISTENTLY.

I am not saying that BJ cannot throw the ball that far, but rather he cannot throw the ball that far with much accuracy. How many receivers have we hit "in stride" ever?

Congrats for at least coming to the realization that at least part of your rants were irrational. 

Yeah, I dont think any of them are irrational. ONE pass in stride? He MISSED how many wide receivers and passes?

Oh, and for those who says BJ cant pass becuase the defense was in his face, go look at his work at Ball State, FAMU, and UTEP. Sure he had numbers, but WHERE were his passes thrown? They were all dinks 5-10 yards out with receivers stopping in a spot to catch the ball then getting massive Yards After Catch to make our numbers look awsome. I just didnt see the "Great QB BJ Daniels" everyone was getting excited about.

That makes 2 of us.  

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  515
  • Content Count:  7,379
  • Days Won:  3

People are really overblowing Daniels being bad last night.

He didn't hit many guys in stride last night, fine.Half the offense was easily QB/RB run or bubble screens. The rest were routes where the OL was not protecting BJ.

I've been as critical as anyone of BJ before this season. The fact that he has a 9:1 TD:INT ratio and we're mad is saying a lot imo. We have higher expectations from him.

Let's get some ******* diversity on play calling Fitch, and bench #80 for God sakes. WTF?

Nor did he hit many receivers in stride at Ball State, FAMU, and UTEP. 

Look, you give someone all day in the pocket and a receiver that is open by 15 yards and he is gonna complete some passes. BJ didnt impress me against the last three scrub teams we played, not just last night. 

Also, a 9 to 1 TD:INT rate is just a BS stat when you just played Ball State, FAMU, and UTEP.  If we played five conference games right now, BJ wouldnt be looking so hot.

• Topic Count:  69
  • Content Count:  3,802

Also, a 9 to 1 TD:INT rate is just a BS stat when you just played Ball State, FAMU, and UTEP.  If we played five conference games right now, BJ wouldnt be looking so hot.

You cannot assume that. He has had no INT's against ND or Pitt and only a few came close in both games combined.

If "closeness" mattered then the defense was "close" to recovering 4 TO's against Pitt. We only got one of em.

• Topic Count:  515
  • Content Count:  7,379

You cannot assume that. He has had no INT's against ND or Pitt and only a few came close in both games combined.

If "closeness" mattered then the defense was "close" to recovering 4 TO's against Pitt. We only got one of em.

Throw out those three junk games and he is 36/66 with 1 passing TD and 0 INTs.

• Topic Count:  69
  • Content Count:  3,802

See my reply to the other thread. K, thx.

BTW - I didn't realize rushing TD's didn't count for 6 points as well?

• Topic Count:  320
  • Content Count:  3,030

I thought our oline did pretty well its called a blitz, the qb has to make adjustment, they are sending more than they can block, bj panics when blitzed and he always has, much like grothe did( maybe it has to do with their height i dunno)thats why rutgers and pitt havr done so well vs us

• Topic Count:  135
  • Content Count:  3,809
  • Days Won:  4

See my reply to the other thread. K, thx.

BTW - I didn't realize rushing TD's didn't count for 6 points as well?

As far as this board goes they only count if Matt Grothe gets them.  Oh and it's funny how noone ever mentions how bad MG played vs BE teams and how he racked up lots of stats vs. tomato cans. 

• Topic Count:  35
  • Content Count:  6,574

Give it up Beastie , Grothe has been gone 2 years

• Topic Count:  300
  • Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

Give it up Beastie , Grothe has been gone 2 years

Lord knows beastie needs no one to speak for him, but BJ gets a lot of crap on here and a lot of comparisons to MG.  Then when someone points out that BJ has improved and has a great TD-int ratio then the "easy" games are discounted.  It is literally can't win if anyone is supportive of BJ.

Of course the only solace is that the most popular QB at USF is always the last guy who hadthe job, or the next guy to get the job, but never the guy who hasthe job.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,737
  • Days Won:  425

Oh and it's funny how noone ever mentions how bad MG played vs BE teams and how he racked up lots of stats vs. tomato cans. 

LOL ... Why should anyone mention that NOW? Like snarling said, he's been gone 2 years and I don't believe was mentioned on this thread ... until someone with a super crush on MG brought him up.