• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Attendance - I haven't ranted in a while

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  14,415
  • Days Won:  13

On a different subject, Arizona St has the ugliest band uniforms I've ever seen. They look like they are working the counter at Burger King. I guess I am old fashioned and like a traditional uniform, not a t-shirt and a baseball cap.   Love that Kiffin is about to get a 50 burger served up to him, lol.

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

Yeah, 28,000 people in their seats looks so much better on television than 26,000 people in their seats (or 25,000, or 23,000, or whatever arbitrary number you want to guess).

This goes on everywhere. It's silly to think there is one single way that is the correct way to act at a football game. It IS a social event - if people want to go there to interact with other people, who cares? What makes you the authority on what is the correct way to attend a sporting event? And again, it really has nothing to do with the total attendance.

Also, if you're going to continue "blaming" this non-problem on the students, it makes even *less* sense then to say it makes it look bad on television, considering the student section is in the end zone and that's not the part that gets shown on television for about 95 percent of a broadcast. I think this is nothing more than one fan or group of fans trying to assure themselves they're better fans than some other group of fans.

Yeah I forgot who I'm addressing in this discussion.  If people want to go there with their boat shoes and croakes and try to set up their party later on that night who am I to call them out.  Oh wait it's not like that at the SEC school you fetishize where all that happens in the student section where the students are actually involved in the game.  Get in your seats, that you paid for (one way or the other) and support the football team, which after all is why you are there in the first place. 

• Content Count:  9
  • Days Won:  0

Not so much the attendance numbers but what I really can't understand is how many people spend all the money on tickets, parking etc. and show up LATE!

Would be nice to have many more participate in the fight song, national anthem, cheering the Bulls as they take the field

Every other game I see everybody is all in ready to go at kickoff why aren't we?

• Content Count:  4,738

Im not reading the whole thread but....

I didnt want to see a 3rd cupcake in a row

Its not my duty to show up. After the notre dame trip i needed to take the wife out.

Can this put to rest those who think out OCS needs 50k seats out of the gate?

• Content Count:  1,037
  • Days Won:  12

It was probably one of the lower attendance games that I've been to by the eye-test (no idea about the actual "in attendance" numbers). I also stood and cheered during the Victor Marc run and was chastised for doing so.

• Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

Im not reading the whole thread but....

I didnt want to see a 3rd cupcake in a row

Its not my duty to show up. After the notre dame trip i needed to take the wife out.

Can this put to rest those who think out OCS needs 50k seats out of the gate?

+1

get better competition. we were favored by 29. who wants to waste their time or money on an inevitable outcome? these types of opponents will never attract the casual fan.

• Content Count:  10,369
  • Days Won:  7

I know everyone wants to "rah rah, I'll come even if we are playing High School all-star team", but we all know the answer.  If USF wants fans to show up they need to schedule decent opponents.  It is awfully late in the season to be playing someone like UTEP.  And of course it isn't just UTEP, it is the fact that they followed Ball St and FAMU in consecutive weeks.  That is an awful lot of boring football you have asked your fan base to show up for.

We can cry about it all we want on this forum - but we all know there is only one way to change it - schedule games people find entertaining.

• Content Count:  7,780
  • Days Won:  7

Let me just play Devil's Advocate here for a minute-

We play in an NFL stadium with Seats that are in complete contrast from what our fans are wearing-  all empty seats will always stick out like a sore thumb

Since we play in an NFL stadium (one of the nicest stadiums in the league that has hosted multiple Super bowls)- it has HUGE club levels on both sidelines and Common areas in both end zones.  If you took all the people who stand in the common areas in both end zones and also took 75% of the people out of the club level-

We would have a much better appearance as far as crowd goes.

But we do play in a bandwagon town.

For what its worth- Pitt had quite a few empty seats today and they played Norte Dame.

I watched both games and the attendance for the Pitt/ND game looked far better than the USF/UTEP game.  Not sure if you guys noticed this but when our games are televised the cameras rarely pan out of the student section, so as not to make our attendance look like a high school football game.  Whereas with the Pitt/ND game there were many pan out shots of Heinz field (beautiful stadium) and the entire seating sections.  I am in agreement with the starter of this post.  This must be one real sore spot for Skip Holtz at USF.  Although he came from ECU, and perhaps there is nothing more to do on a Saturday night there, but most of their games were sell outs with a full stadium. 

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  3,467
  • Days Won:  19

Let me just play Devil's Advocate here for a minute-

We play in an NFL stadium with Seats that are in complete contrast from what our fans are wearing-  all empty seats will always stick out like a sore thumb

Since we play in an NFL stadium (one of the nicest stadiums in the league that has hosted multiple Super bowls)- it has HUGE club levels on both sidelines and Common areas in both end zones.  If you took all the people who stand in the common areas in both end zones and also took 75% of the people out of the club level-

We would have a much better appearance as far as crowd goes.

But we do play in a bandwagon town.

For what its worth- Pitt had quite a few empty seats today and they played Norte Dame.

I watched both games and the attendance for the Pitt/ND game looked far better than the USF/UTEP game.  Not sure if you guys noticed this but when our games are televised the cameras rarely pan out of the student section, so as not to make our attendance look like a high school football game.  Whereas with the Pitt/ND game there were many pan out shots of Heinz field (beautiful stadium) and the entire seating sections.  I am in agreement with the starter of this post.  This must be one real sore spot for Skip Holtz at USF.  Although he came from ECU, and perhaps there is nothing more to do on a Saturday night there, but most of their games were sell outs with a full stadium.   

I saw the Pitt game and was astounded how sparse attendance appeared for Notre Dame at home. They announced 65,000+ but they must of all been wearing yellow seat uniforms.  That said, I was at our game last night and was disappointed the attendance was even way more sparse.  Tried to give my tickets on the 50 to the usual sources, then tried to sell them, then tried again to give 'em away. No takers.  The buzz just is not there yet.  I think a lot of folks are waiting for us to prove this won't be the same old performance of a swan dive in conference play.  Win a couple on the road and return fore homecoiming with a top 15 ranking and we should pull a good crowd.

• Content Count:  2,461

This has probably been said in these five pages... but I'm not reading it to find out.

Will people please stop b1tching about attendance? Being obsessed with attendance makes you sound like UCF.

How about we keep winning? I'll trade that for 15k a game average.

Archived