• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Attendance - I haven't ranted in a while

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  12,293
  • Days Won:  0

No way that ND Pitt was a sellout unless ND bought a lot of tickets rather then send back.  There were 3 or 4 sections in a row in the upper levels with not one person sitting in them

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  22,703
  • Days Won:  108

Notre Dame Pitt game had lots of empty seats up top and its a rivalry game.

I was wondering about that ... The ND radio crew said the game was a sellout.

Game probably was "sold" out.  Just a lot of no shows - like the lower bowl at Ray Jay.

• Content Count:  9,687
  • Days Won:  8

Crowd did not look good on TV, ESPN3.

Yes, and they also could wait until after the game to paint the Bucs logo in the endzone area. Does not look good on tv. We should have painted Bulls logo in endzone area for every home game.

Not having our own field paint annoys me the most. How long do they really need to paint the field? Why can't the bucs play a game on a bulls painted field? We can switch off.... some weekends can be bucs paint and some weekends can be bulls paint. I mean, it's a win win.

Maybe we should push HOT over one more section closer to mid field and let the students trickle over to the section where HOT is now.  That would help push everyone else closer together on that side.

• Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

Maybe we should push HOT over one more section closer to mid field and let the students trickle over to the section where HOT is now.  That would help push everyone else closer together on that side.

The student section is beyond help as there is a large percentage there that would rather try to find a hook up for later that night and stand by the pirate ship than get in their seat and be involved in the game. 

Yeah but this "new" student section would be visible by the TV cameras.  You know the beef studs would be all over that.

• Content Count:  14,407
  • Days Won:  13

Notre Dame Pitt game had lots of empty seats up top and its a rivalry game.

I was wondering about that ... The ND radio crew said the game was a sellout.

Several blimp shots during the game showed that one top endzone 518 -528, of Heinz with some people in the first 2-4 rows, the middle and back empty. Contrast that with the 82k at the OKL St/ aTm game, jammed pack.

pittsburgh-steelers-heinz-field-1628.gif

• Content Count:  5,241

The student section is usually filled up whether the fans are there for the game or girls. How bout the other 48,000 seats? Need to fill those up with people who at least show up.

• Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

Yeah but this "new" student section would be visible by the TV cameras.  You know the beef studs would be all over that.

The beef studs aren't the problem it's students that go there to try to treat it as going to bar rather than going to a football game.  As long as there is standing room by the bar errrrr i mean concession stands there will be large groups of students who would rather try to work the opposite sex than sit in their seats and be involved.  

• Content Count:  14,407
  • Days Won:  13

Crowd did not look good on TV, ESPN3.

Yes, and they also could wait until after the game to paint the Bucs logo in the endzone area. Does not look good on tv. We should have painted Bulls logo in endzone area for every home game.

Not having our own field paint annoys me the most. How long do they really need to paint the field? Why can't the bucs play a game on a bulls painted field? We can switch off.... some weekends can be bucs paint and some weekends can be bulls paint. I mean, it's a win win.

They usually do have the paint, but it also looks tacky, half assed. I look at it this way. Some kids, future Bulls, are going to see that USF plays in an NFL stadium. One that is always blacked out locally, but still...NFL.

Archived