• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Attendance - I haven't ranted in a while

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  3,475
  • Days Won:  7

Yeah but this "new" student section would be visible by the TV cameras.  You know the beef studs would be all over that.

The beef studs aren't the problem it's students that go there to try to treat it as going to bar rather than going to a football game.  As long as there is standing room by the bar errrrr i mean concession stands there will be large groups of students who would rather try to work the opposite sex than sit in their seats and be involved.  

I'm not sure I understand what you're arguing. USF's attendance is poor because a portion of the students in attendance aren't in their seats? Can you state that in a way that makes a shred of sense?

Or is this just another example of one fan thumping his chest about how much better of a fan he is than others?

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,669
  • Days Won:  424

Maybe we should push HOT over one more section closer to mid field and let the students trickle over to the section where HOT is now.  That would help push everyone else closer together on that side.

The student section is beyond help

This would be the perfect segue for me to launch into my Wave rant but it's late ....

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  4,442
  • Days Won:  9

Yeah but this "new" student section would be visible by the TV cameras.  You know the beef studs would be all over that.

The beef studs aren't the problem it's students that go there to try to treat it as going to bar rather than going to a football game.  As long as there is standing room by the bar errrrr i mean concession stands there will be large groups of students who would rather try to work the opposite sex than sit in their seats and be involved.  

I'm not sure I understand what you're arguing. USF's attendance is poor because a portion of the students in attendance aren't in their seats? Can you state that in a way that makes a shred of sense?

Or is this just another example of one fan thumping his chest about how much better of a fan he is than others?

His point was that there are prob close to 3k of students that don't go to their seats... just stand up and have a club by the pirate ship. Shut down the standing room and you'd have 3k more seats filled.

• Content Count:  10,367
  • Days Won:  40

Maybe we should push HOT over one more section closer to mid field and let the students trickle over to the section where HOT is now.  That would help push everyone else closer together on that side.

The student section is beyond help as there is a large percentage there that would rather try to find a hook up for later that night and stand by the pirate ship than get in their seat and be involved in the game. 

And your saying that is wrong? You must have forgotten what all those hormones felt like.

His point was that there are prob close to 3k of students that don't go to their seats... just stand up and have a club by the pirate ship. Shut down the standing room and you'd have 3k more seats filled.

I understand that, I do know how to read. I just can't figure out what it has to do with the fact that there were fewer than 30,000 people in attendance for this game. Those 3,000 (and I don't believe the actual number is that high, but it's irrelevant) are already counted, so ... yeah. What the hell does it have to do with anything?

I don't remember going to a football game anywhere at any level that didn't have some people just standing around. Who cares?

• Content Count:  728
  • Days Won:  0

Pfft, who needs girls. When I go I'm involved all game. We need to win the Big East first, THEN lose my virginity.

• Content Count:  14,411
  • Days Won:  13

Pfft, who needs girls. When I go I'm involved all game. We need to win the Big East first, THEN lose my virginity.

How old are you again? lol

• Content Count:  728
  • Days Won:  0

How old are you again? lol

• Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

This is precisely my point and our attendance might actually look like what it should be if we didn't have large numbers of fans standing in both end zones......

Yeah, 28,000 people in their seats looks so much better on television than 26,000 people in their seats (or 25,000, or 23,000, or whatever arbitrary number you want to guess).

This goes on everywhere. It's silly to think there is one single way that is the correct way to act at a football game. It IS a social event - if people want to go there to interact with other people, who cares? What makes you the authority on what is the correct way to attend a sporting event? And again, it really has nothing to do with the total attendance.

Also, if you're going to continue "blaming" this non-problem on the students, it makes even *less* sense then to say it makes it look bad on television, considering the student section is in the end zone and that's not the part that gets shown on television for about 95 percent of a broadcast. I think this is nothing more than one fan or group of fans trying to assure themselves they're better fans than some other group of fans.

Archived