• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF/Big East Realignment Discussion Thread

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  145
  • Days Won:  0

I have a feeling tonight's Big East meeting is going to be about possible deals on the table regarding Big12.  Could be several scenarios with and without Texas.  But everyone will look at each other in the eye and say we're in or not in.  Would love to see something in place...this is not productive for anyone not already in a good spot.

I've heard they are going to do trust falls and make friendship bracelets, instead. Marinatto's idea, supposedly.

And singing Kumbaya...

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

north -  ND   Pitt   Syracuse  BC

south - USF   FSU   Miami   G Tech

Virginias - V Tech  Virginia  Maryland clemson

Carolinas - UNC  nc state   wake   duke

• Content Count:  10,565
  • Days Won:  7

Bull94,

That's very nice in theory, but the reality is that FSU and Miami will prevent us from getting in if we are even a candidate.

How do you know this?  Why are so many people spout things they think are true as facts?  You have no idea what the Presidents at Florida, FSU, or Miami are thinking.

Say you're the President at FSU or Miami. What good would it do you to bring in USF? You can already make a good argument that FSU hold a better share of the Tampa market.

It's already been mentioned on here (and not just by me) that our best chance of getting into the ACC is if FSU leaves. That should tell you that the ACC doesn't want 3 FL teams and FSU would probably be in their ear telling them why they shouldn't add us.

so because public opinion says we won't get an invite then that means we won't get an invite???

why would fsu play a home and away with a potential threat? to put fans in the stands. for the revenue.

the acc and fsu have little to no penetration in this market. it's all sec and the gators.

the acc would be wise to put 3 in this state if they want to start an acc network that covers the entire state in one of the fastest growing states in the country.

our legislature(the ones controlling the purse strings) have far more say than the president. the virginia legislature forced them to lobby for v tech. we are a flagship university in this state(fsu, uf, usf) and the money involved is huge.

Politics are why we wouldn't get the invite.

FSU wasn't drawing well when they signed the series. Do you think they would sign the series today now that they are back on the rise?

FSU has a bigger penetration on this tv market than you think. Agree that UF takes the highest percentage.

Don't get me wrong, I want to be in the ACC. It's the best conference for us.

I'm just making an argument why i think we make a good fit. FSU would not block us. The president wouldn't have the power. there is way too much money involved. Virginia got v tech in ahead of syracuse. I think it's a long shot but still a possibility.

I think if ND goes acc and they need a 16th then we are a legit candidate.

certainly ahead of wvu or anyone located in the north. their north pod would be complete with syracuse, pitt, bc ,ad ND.

I like your arguments. Please don't take what I'm saying the wrong way. I want us in the ACC.

I just think that FSU will have the influence of other to not vote is in.

^ I must've missed Miami's stadium being "full" of anything other than empty seats last year against USF. Their fans don't care about USF (or in general, but we certainly don't inspire them to come out either).

we're more likely to build a rivalry and bring fans than UConn, WVU or Rutgers.

• Content Count:  3,802
  • Days Won:  3

north -  ND   Pitt   Syracuse  BC

south - USF   FSU   Miami   G Tech

Virginias - V Tech  Virginia  Maryland clemson

Carolinas - UNC  nc state   wake   duke

ND would run away with it's division most years.

VT would slaughter it's division even worse.

UNC would be unchallenged.

The South division would be the most compelling race. Probably between FSU/GT most years.

Bull94,

That's very nice in theory, but the reality is that FSU and Miami will prevent us from getting in if we are even a candidate.

How do you know this?  Why are so many people spout things they think are true as facts?  You have no idea what the Presidents at Florida, FSU, or Miami are thinking.

Say you're the President at FSU or Miami. What good would it do you to bring in USF? You can already make a good argument that FSU hold a better share of the Tampa market.

It's already been mentioned on here (and not just by me) that our best chance of getting into the ACC is if FSU leaves. That should tell you that the ACC doesn't want 3 FL teams and FSU would probably be in their ear telling them why they shouldn't add us.

so because public opinion says we won't get an invite then that means we won't get an invite???

why would fsu play a home and away with a potential threat? to put fans in the stands. for the revenue.

the acc and fsu have little to no penetration in this market. it's all sec and the gators.

the acc would be wise to put 3 in this state if they want to start an acc network that covers the entire state in one of the fastest growing states in the country.

our legislature(the ones controlling the purse strings) have far more say than the president. the virginia legislature forced them to lobby for v tech. we are a flagship university in this state(fsu, uf, usf) and the money involved is huge.

Politics are why we wouldn't get the invite.

FSU wasn't drawing well when they signed the series. Do you think they would sign the series today now that they are back on the rise?

FSU has a bigger penetration on this tv market than you think. Agree that UF takes the highest percentage.

Don't get me wrong, I want to be in the ACC. It's the best conference for us.

I'm just making an argument why i think we make a good fit. FSU would not block us. The president wouldn't have the power. there is way too much money involved. Virginia got v tech in ahead of syracuse. I think it's a long shot but still a possibility.

I think if ND goes acc and they need a 16th then we are a legit candidate.

certainly ahead of wvu or anyone located in the north. their north pod would be complete with syracuse, pitt, bc ,ad ND.

I like your arguments. Please don't take what I'm saying the wrong way. I want us in the ACC.

I just think that FSU will have the influence of other to not vote is in.

I disagree. we are both flagship universities . this is huge money. if anything perhaps they will help us get in like I'm sure virginia did reluctantly.

fsu doesn't have the power when it comes to the florida legislature.

• Content Count:  6,615
  • Days Won:  51

Is it just me?  I can't get enough of this thread and the quality opions posted here.  I keep refreshing the page every 5 minutes and there's 5 new pages of posts!  Awesome.  

Let's just hope when the music finally does stop that we have a chair to sit in.

• Content Count:  7,693
  • Days Won:  2

Since we are all speculating why doesn't the ACC really take the Bull by the horns and make the first 18 team behemoth conference.

Invite everyone in the Big East but TCU... they would own the entire Eastern Seaboard from Miami to the Canadian border

• Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

The North Carolina schools (who pretty much run the conference) won't want us because of our academics and the fact that we will cut even further into their recruiting in FL.  Miami won't want us there because we are already making up ground against them without being in a conference that is perceived as just as good as the ACC so we will really hurt them once we are in the same conference and the NCAA slaps them down with big time penalties.  FSU could go either way but I just don't see how having a 3rd ACC team from FL helps them in any way to realistically argue for our addition.  AS far as our market I think between FSU and Miami the ACC already has a big time presence in the state of FL so really it's just over saturation.  This is why Cuse and Pitt were added, new markets, Pennsylvania is a solid talent producing state to boot.  If they were to add Uconn and Rutgers it would just be about further securing the NYC market and getting two schools with strong academics who aren't really a threat to the schools that run the conference in football.  We really bring nothing to the ACC that it doesn't already have.  If the SEC plucks out FSU I Think we have a great shot but outside of that scenario I think we don't bring enough to the table that makes up for us hurting the schools that are already in the conference.  I hope I'm wrong but that's how i see it.  

Archived