• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF/Big East Realignment Discussion Thread

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

Has anyone else seen this? This is right off ESPNs site.

"The Southeastern Conference has voted to accept Texas A&M as its 13th member..."

http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/6993604/big-east-big-12-talking-possible-merger-sources-say

Your link doesn't take you to a story that says that

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  2,114
  • Days Won:  2

I know market is a big deal, but a conference would be crazy not to take WVU. They have good tradition and are one of the best teams available not including Texas, ND, or OU. If I was the SEC that team would be at the top of the list. I think they could compete with a lot of the teams there. Imagine this team in the SEC and able to get better recruits. I think they would be even better.

• Content Count:  231
  • Days Won:  0

Has anyone else seen this? This is right off ESPNs site.

"The Southeastern Conference has voted to accept Texas A&M as its 13th member..."

http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/6993604/big-east-big-12-talking-possible-merger-sources-say

Your link doesn't take you to a story that says that

Yeah it's 3/4s down the page. Next to the Gordon Gecko quote in big bold letters.

• Content Count:  6,619
  • Days Won:  51

• Content Count:  10,565
  • Days Won:  7

I know market is a big deal, but a conference would be crazy not to take WVU. They have good tradition and are one of the best teams available not including Texas, ND, or OU. If I was the SEC that team would be at the top of the list. I think they could compete with a lot of the teams there. Imagine this team in the SEC and able to get better recruits. I think they would be even better.

They apparently do not being the academics, or the tv sets that aTm and Missouri will be bringing to the SEC.

I can easily see VT and UVA having a say against WVU's inclusion into the ACC.

• Content Count:  10,565
  • Days Won:  7

Bull94,

That's very nice in theory, but the reality is that FSU and Miami will prevent us from getting in if we are even a candidate.

How do you know this?  Why are so many people spout things they think are true as facts?  You have no idea what the Presidents at Florida, FSU, or Miami are thinking.

Say you're the President at FSU or Miami. What good would it do you to bring in USF? You can already make a good argument that FSU hold a better share of the Tampa market.

It's already been mentioned on here (and not just by me) that our best chance of getting into the ACC is if FSU leaves. That should tell you that the ACC doesn't want 3 FL teams and FSU would probably be in their ear telling them why they shouldn't add us.

• Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

USF is in a much bigger market, can also compete with many SEC teams now and would be able to recruit better than WVU, if we were in the SEC. If the SEC was looking for a team with the biggest upside, that would be USF.

• Content Count:  231

USF is in a much bigger market, can also compete with many SEC teams now and could be able to recruit better recruits than WVU, if we were in the SEC. If the SEC was looking for a team with the biggest upside, that would be USF.

+1

• Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

we are 3-3 against wvu and we are 14 years old.

they never did a thing in the BE when miami v tech and bc we there.

they had a run in the new BE with rich rod. they are not a great program.

• Content Count:  84

As I said yesterday....I heard from a very realiable source that USF would be "okay" as long as UT leaves the B12....everything seems to be falling into place (WVU stays, Mizz moves on, OU and UT have approval to move forward with expansion)...now they just have to do it.

Archived