• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF/Big East Realignment Discussion Thread

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

Also, what makes me really mad is that I read all of these articles about how disgusted Jack Swarbrick is with SU and Pitt and it was a snake move.  Great point, but isn't that hypocritical of Mr. Swarbrick?  You've strung the Big East along by not being all-in and remaining independent as a football program, which you would like to continue.  We also hear reports that because of the new structure you may be forced to join a conference, preferably the ACC or Big 10.  If you feel this way about the big East and the snake move by the ACC, why would you not negotiate with the Big East/Big 12 merger on a way to finally join and help everyone out!?  It is great that people are speaking out about the way this situation was handled, but you Mr. Swarbrick have no leg to stand on.  How long do we let Notre Dame use us?

ND is going to get us into the ACC.

ND , pitt, syracuse and bc will make up north pod

we will be in the south with fsu, miami, and g tech.

we are a top 30 research school. acc loves that.

top 15 tv market. 3 solid programs to sec one.

top 3 recruiting location.

they will add us for our football potential to balance basketball powers.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

Twitter can really upset the apple cart.

It's like the wild wild west.  ;D

@wvunlimitedWVU FAN

Quick update, heard that earlier today OL and Coach had a screaming match about the whole thing and that things are tense in Motown.

• Content Count:  7,048
  • Days Won:  11

@wvunlimitedWVU FAN

Quick update, heard that earlier today OL and Coach had a screaming match about the whole thing and that things are tense in Motown.

I'm assuming that OL = oliver luck?

• Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

@wvunlimitedWVU FAN

I'm assuming that OL = oliver luck?

Proper asssumption.

• Content Count:  2,114
  • Days Won:  2

The basketball programs should want us in. Already a strong conference and they bring in 2 power teams (Syracuse and Pitt). We can help these teams advance further into the ACC tournament or into it for that matter. Even if they were not to add UConn, they now have the best basketball conference.

• Content Count:  120
  • Days Won:  0

Also, what makes me really mad is that I read all of these articles about how disgusted Jack Swarbrick is with SU and Pitt and it was a snake move.  Great point, but isn't that hypocritical of Mr. Swarbrick?  You've strung the Big East along by not being all-in and remaining independent as a football program, which you would like to continue.  We also hear reports that because of the new structure you may be forced to join a conference, preferably the ACC or Big 10.  If you feel this way about the big East and the snake move by the ACC, why would you not negotiate with the Big East/Big 12 merger on a way to finally join and help everyone out!?  It is great that people are speaking out about the way this situation was handled, but you Mr. Swarbrick have no leg to stand on.  How long do we let Notre Dame use us?

How does ND get us into the ACC?  Because of the Holtz name?  I don't buy it.

The only way I believe we go to the ACC is if FSU moves to the SEC and even this scenario I don't believe will play out.

How does ND get us into the ACC?  Because of the Holtz name?  I don't buy it.

The only way I believe we go to the ACC is if FSU moves to the SEC and even this scenario I don't believe will play out.

ND will fill out the north pod.

they bring strong academic undergrad name.

they would be the crown jewel to any conference.

we slip in the backdoor.

we are underrated academically especially concerning research which ACC is very big on.

we have huge upside in football.

great tv market and it would help acc try to take over the state from sec and gators.

If ND gets in then the academic argument concerning USF is null and they still pick up our potential and lucrative market.

McMurphy seems to be the only one saying that WVU is not going to the SEC? If so, let's wait to make sure its true from at least an official source.

that dude has been the go to guy on so many stories. I'm willing to believe him.

• Content Count:  9,688
  • Days Won:  8

So.... do Pitt and Syracuse join in on this meeting too? I would imagine no.

The problem with all of this realignment stuff is that the doom and gloom forecast has everyone heading for the hills...

Imagine if the Big East came out of this meeting like the ACC did last week.... Pull a Fast one on the other conferences by taking notes from the ACC

The Big East comes out with a new 25 million dollar buyout and 27month waiting period and adds UCF, ECU and Houston....

That would send a message and you gain a recruiting and TV market leg up in Texas with Houston, and in FL by adding UCF it helps our conference mates on recruiting visits. While this doesn't really help USF, it helps the conference as a whole (good for USF)by increasing the conferences exposure in TX and FL recruiting grounds to make sure the programs have a good talent pool to pull from to remain competitive on the field...

With the AQ bid, UCF and Houston and would only need 5 years and they'd be quite good on the field.

South Florida

West Virginia

TCU

UCF

Houston

ECU

Uconn

Rutgers

Cincinnati

NOW FOR THE KICKER.... DRUM ROLLL!!!!!!!!!!!

You merge with the entire MOUNTAIN WEST!!!!!!!!

FORGET THE BIG XII.... they are poison Texas and Baylor. Bring up those good CUSA teams for their large followings and then merge with the Mountain West who had met the req for the AQ bid and you go to 16 teams and keep the AQ and you give the finger to the rest of the conferences..... and I tell you this would end up being a strong conference in a decade.

Leave the BigXII out to dry to merge with the rest of CUSA or whoever.... This would just give a huge middle finger to all of the conferences and you would end up in a better situation than the BigXII and then you're the first to 16.

You would have 4 strong football schools immediately with

Boise

USF

WVU

TCU

and San Diego State and Houston currently receiving votes.

and then it would only be months before UCF, Houston and ECU start winning the recruiting battles against all of those norther schools in the ACC and the B1G leading to Pitt and Syracuse and the rest of the ACC (most anyway) in perpetual mediocrity with our new 16 team conference having the lock on Texas and Florida and access to California. We would be the only conference with recruiting access to CA, TX and FL so the conference would have the strongest recruiting footprint of any that exist imo.

While this might seem laughable to some... I think it could really put the Big East in a better situation the the ACC and if this league could hold together for a decade I think it would end up 3rd behind the SEC and PAC with the ACC and B1G losing recruits to UCF, Houston and ECU.

I know this is not likely to happen... but i think it is the most brilliant thing the Big East could do right now.... This also sets up for the 16 teams to pick from the BigXII left overs if some of the 16 get poached. It really depends on who bolts like USF or Uconn leaving but this group would survive without USF imo with UCF to fill our void. but hopefully, none would be poached. USF, TCU, Boise, WVU, UCF and Houston I think would grow to have a near permanent place on the top 25.

The final league looks like:

USF

WVU

Cincy

Louisville

Rutgers

Connecticut

Colorado State

TCU

San Diego State

Wyoming

Boise State

UNLV

Air Force

New Mexico

The basketball programs should want us in. Already a strong conference and they bring in 2 power teams (Syracuse and Pitt). We can help these teams advance further into the ACC tournament or into it for that matter. Even if they were not to add UConn, they now have the best basketball conference.

UConn b-ball is going to be on probation. when coach leaves will they still be dominant? he's close to done.

Archived