• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Why Soccer Sucks

Jihme

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  2,994
  • Days Won:  4

Had a good workout on Wed night. We had a very large pitch on Armenia south of 275 to use. Biggest and smoothest pitch we've found in a while.

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

^^^^ What was her name? :drummer:

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  3,042
  • Days Won:  10

i love soccer haters

they can't stand that its growing so quickly in USA

I agree and the flopping argument is getting annoying. There's flopping and acting in the NBA and NFL too. You either like soccer or you don't I guess. Some people will give every excuse in the book before giving it a chance.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,543
  • Days Won:  423

i love soccer haters

they can't stand that its growing so quickly in USA

I agree and the flopping argument is getting annoying. There's flopping and acting in the NBA and NFL too. You either like soccer or you don't I guess. Some people will give every excuse in the book before giving it a chance.

I love soccer but please don't compare the flopping, and especially the acting, done in it to the NFL, or even the NBA ....

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

Video will kill the flopping stars

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  8,878
  • Days Won:  28

The flopping is pretty hilarious, my 8-year-old daughter couldn't produce imaginative drama like that! Like the NBA's precedent with fines, though, maybe the leagues should start giving yellow cards to the floppers.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,543
  • Days Won:  423

The flopping is pretty hilarious, my 8-year-old daughter couldn't produce imaginative drama like that! Like the NBA's precedent with fines, though, maybe the leagues should start giving yellow cards to the floppers.

I thought I heard after one of the more dramatic performances that they thought the actor should have gotten a yellow .... maybe I misheard, though.

• Topic Count:  112
  • Content Count:  8,159
  • Days Won:  8

All I can say is if you're not watching these WC games you're missing some compelling world-class athletics. And if you are watching but are worried about things like flopping, you should probably have a few beers and relax. Literally the entire world is hanging on every minute...epic stuff!

• Topic Count:  56
  • Content Count:  4,423
  • Days Won:  19

In all seriousness, by the next world cup, all FIFA has to do:

1. Allow fouls in the penalty box to be reviewed

2. Allow offside goals to be reviewed

And also count down instead of up.

One thing I find annoying at 89 minutes I don't know if the clock will stop at 91 or 95.

It takes some getting used to, but never knowing the stoppage time until the last 30 seconds of regulation, it is what it is. One thing I find refreshing is that most of these FIFA games are playing to the stoppage time fairly exact. If they get 5 minutes, he's blowing the whistle between 4:55 and 5:10, whereas I've seen some of the Premier League and other league games go 20-45 seconds past the stoppage point, regardless of if there is action or an offensive push. These teams have 90+ minutes to score, if they can't score in 3-5 minutes after that, I don't care if they're crossing midfield on a breakaway, too late.

I want to love soccer... but comments like that prevent the sport from being credible in America. 

Foreigners don't want Americans to like soccer.

They know that OUR companies will dominate their marketing. 

• Topic Count:  83
  • Content Count:  7,040
  • Days Won:  11

From Wikipedia:

A pitch is an outdoor playing area for various sports. The term is used in British and Australian English; the comparable term in American English is playing field.

Just like no one uses the word 'flat' for 'apartment','lift' for 'elevator', 'queue' for 'line', 'chips' for 'fries', 'hot ashes' for 'trees', 'hot air' for a 'cool breeze', etc. In America no one uses the term pitch to mean a field.

i love chips :D