• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

D'Vario Montgomery, WR, Winter Park HS, Winter Park, FL

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  88
  • Content Count:  3,462
  • Days Won:  6

Check his twitter......

• Topic Count:  1,207
  • Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

• Topic Count:  88
  • Content Count:  3,462
  • Days Won:  6

Yep, I was referring to the cookie cake. Seems to be done by everyone these days.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  104
  • Content Count:  4,442
  • Days Won:  9

its funny reading this stuff...makes me think of the opposition as dirty rat bastards for going after our commit...but thats the name of the game because i love it when we flip some from their commit.

For a long time some of our commits were working hard to get Duaron Williams, before he got injured. I know a lot of schools dropped him after that. Maybe he is tring to get back at USF.

Duaron isn't like that... I got to meet him and he's a genuinely nice kid. ISU was his first choice after the accident and he's just excited to be there... He and D'vo have been close for a while.

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  185
  • Days Won:  0

After watching all the film available to me(for free), I thought D'Vo was our best prospect(Wiggins is close second). I think this kid is the real deal and funny that any recruiting service doesn't have this kid as a top 150 talent. This kid is a beast and has all the intangibles and no disrespect to Price as I think he is a great athlete but D'Vo seems to me like the exact same player but faster and more athletic.

I know I read somewhere that Wiggins is going to be an academic casualty but that kid is sick also. If he can play this year I think we will be so loaded at WR we won't know what to do with all that talent. I'm not one for switching kids positions but if that is the case than maybe they should switch T-Rex back to CB and I'd put V. Marc at RB, that kid is solid(thick) and an athlete and could play the position we NEED help in like no other.

Also, in regards to our RB situation I think Shaw would be great for an offensive system like Florida ran ustilizing BJ. I feel we need to adapt to our players and not flipmode. We aren't in a situation where we can control the situation, we need to utilize these players the best we can. We are loaded every year on D but for some reason the one position we are weak on is CB(-Webster, he's solid) we didn't try to figure something out and instead focused on WR which really didn't make a difference regardless.

We have the talent and Davis is going to be our first non bust offensive draft pick ever! Mark my words the kid has always had a nose for the ball it's up to us to get him the ball(I wouldn't be surprised if he is 6'5 by the time he graduates, kind of like MJ, seems like he's getting taller every time I see him). Welch is another solid player as is Griffin, then add in Dunkley and those are all solid D-1 WR's, but missing what Price and D'Vo can offer, SIZE with hands you can rely on.

We definately need them to help our redzone offense where these other players can not but on D I really hope Chandler pans out and get's it together b/c him and Kino could be a sick Miami Connection. With our rediculous rotation of talented DE's that front four would be a sight/nightmare to see, then add in the athleticism and speed of our LB's and WOW, the posibilities are endless!

Who knows as time has showed us time and time again the players we least expect to contribute end up being stars. I like Mccall(think he might be a product of being on a talented team) has the size and athleticism, Spencer is another solid recruit but question is what position, same with one of my favorites after watching just a little of his film Guito(I know he has some Sicilian in him) but seriously I loved the fact that he hasn't played the sport but seeing him out there his football IQ looks like a seasoned vet. His blocking skills at WR were amazing and then his nose for the football at DE(staying at home when supposed to) was top notch. His frame is solid and I know he doesn't run a 4.4 but has some great game speed/quickness.

Bivins I really hope is able to return to full speed after his injury. He is a solid CB and would be exactly what we need but at the same time it seems to me his injury is pretty serious and why most backed off. I really hope I'm wrong on this, even if I'm right it doesn't mean you can't get back(McGahee perfect example) to your elite level, but I know how hard it is especially mentally over coming a leg injury playing at an athletic position like CB(in my opinion the hardest/most athletic position to play). But having ties to the purple hurricanes(used to be one of the dominant teams in Fl back in the day) I'm pulling for him! Go Purple Canes, didn't go there but father did(as did Tom Petty!!)and always love to see a player choose us over UF, even though the Gators are my second team(too many family ties to the school, but always a Bull first!).

Regardless none of these players will really matter this year, as we have more than enough talent(like always) the question is can we utilize it and actually make something out of these players! I hope so but have heard/thought that many times before.

• Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

I never sweat kids who decommit..... We have to build on kids who love our Uni

• Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  924
  • Days Won:  1

I never sweat kids who decommit..... We have to build on kids who love our Uni

it's not that he doesn't want to, it seems to be a grade issue

• Topic Count:  731
  • Content Count:  10,367
  • Days Won:  40

Montgomery is stuck at airport in Ames for at least 5 hours. He doesn't have academic issues it would seem. Gonna pick at hat on wednesday. More power 2 him. Who said this was gonna be a boring end to recruiting? Whitehurst, D'vo and Kam Davis all look like they are gonna announce on Wednesday. Curious to see what happens to Wiggins.(sign and place?). Waiting for Sean Price's fax. Is there a QB quietly in the wings? Looks like Rutgers is "everbody in a lifeboat" Pierre or Gilmore at RB?. Lots of questions to be answered in 3 days.

Edited by Bullwinkle