• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

D'Vario Montgomery, WR, Winter Park HS, Winter Park, FL

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  411
  • Content Count:  5,591
  • Days Won:  3

Would D'Vo be the top recruit ever at USF at a skilled position?

We've had a few 4 stars.

Mike Ford was a 5 star, Carlton Hill, BJ Daniels(I think only Rivals), Andre Davis...

• Topic Count:  731
  • Content Count:  10,367
  • Days Won:  40

This is awesome. My favorite player on our wish list. Chances are Woolard will follow too.

December 2, 2011

Phil Neary

USFBullsEYE.com Publisher

Talk about it in the Message Boards

On the heels of a disappointing end to its 2011 season on Thursday, USF did receive some very good news on Friday.

Four-star wide receiver D'Vario Montgomery, from Winter Park High School in Central Florida, verbally committed to the Bulls, giving USF coach Skip Holtz another weapon in the receiving game.

"Just committed to south Florida I'm a bull," Montgomery posted on his Facebook page Friday afternoon.

Montgomery, who rivals.com rates the 174th best prospect in the country in the 2012 class, will join a Bulls receiving corps that will return most of its key playmakers next season. The only graduating senior is A.J. Love.

USF will also get a boost from Florida transfer Chris Dunkley, a top recruit out of high school who sat out this season because of NCAA transfer rules.

Montgomery, a physical specimen at 6-foot-3, 215 pounds, had more than 30 offers, including Florida, Alabama, Oklahoma, LSU, Nebraska, Florida State, Miami, Notre Dame, West Virginia, Georgia, and Arkansas, among many others.

USF also beat out in-state rival UCF for Montgomery, as the two schools have seemingly been in the picture for standout receiver throughout the entire process.

However, the recent departure of assistant coach David Kelly from UCF eliminated the Knights.

Montgomery said throughout the process early play time and being close to home were two important factors in his recruitment.

"They basically tell me how important I am to them every time I talk with them," Montgomery said of the Bulls coaching staff back in August. "Every time I come through there they really make me feel wanted. They always given me an open-armed welcome. It makes me feel comfortable there."

USF has also offered Winter Park quarterback Asiantii Woulard, a 2013 prospect who's good friends with Montgomery.

http://usf.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1302058

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,582
  • Days Won:  423

I vaguely remember another commit mentioning working on Montgomery to join him but I don't remember if it was Cameron or Bivins ... If it was Cameron, could this change things for him?

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  104
  • Days Won:  0

Thats awesome. Montgomery, Davis, and Dunkley, along with Price at TE is ridiculous.

• Topic Count:  576
  • Content Count:  8,174
  • Days Won:  6

total failure not having such good news on the main board

people dont come to this board unless they follow recruiting pretty heavily

Stop whining ... There's been a linked post on the Main Board but I'll see if I can bump it up to make you happy.

If there is a linked post.... why wouldn't u just leave this one.... lol...

Wasn't whining just pointing out how dumb it is

total failure not having such good news on the main board

people dont come to this board unless they follow recruiting pretty heavily

Stop whining ... There's been a linked post on the Main Board but I'll see if I can bump it up to make you happy.

If there is a linked post.... why wouldn't u just leave this one.... lol...

:rolleyes: ... First, I didn't move it. Second, you made a good point about people from the Main Board not knowing about this board, which can be very informative, and this was a good way to show introduce them to it.

Wasn't whining just pointing out how dumb it is

You're right ... I'm just conditioned with all the other whining going on ... but fact was there WAS something about it on the Main Board so people could have a happy thought following the darkness.

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

I moved it. We've ALWAYS kept new commitments in this board until they sign the paperwork. I figured it worked well to have it posted there and moved here, that kept in on the front page most of the day.

I moved it. We've ALWAYS kept new commitments in this board until they sign the paperwork. I figured it worked well to have it posted there and moved here, that kept in on the front page most of the day.

Moving it was correct move. Problem was, when I merged the two threads, it broke the link from the Moved post on the Main Board ..... Actually worked out better, though, because I can bump the new thread I had to make over there, where you can't bump an automatic Moved thread on this site.

• Topic Count:  104
  • Content Count:  4,442
  • Days Won:  9

I vaguely remember another commit mentioning working on Montgomery to join him but I don't remember if it was Cameron or Bivins ... If it was Cameron, could this change things for him?

I believe it was Bivins.

• Topic Count:  731
  • Content Count:  10,367
  • Days Won:  40

I believe it was Bivins.

Chris is an awesome cover guy. This DVO signing is part of the real rebirth of USF FB. Screw all of the bandwagon kids who don't think we are heading in the right direction. 1 bad season doesn't sink a program.I think this season is instructive, We lost a bunch of close games and wound up staying home for the Holidays. Perhaps this is part of a gut check for our fans. Top recruits still like what they see here and are wise 4 doing so. This isn't a 40 yard dash, it's a 440 with a cross country course waiting close behind. Every team in FL(UF,FSU,UM and the Kaniggits) looked like violation this year. Their fans aren't suicidal yet, Why should we be?

Edited by BillReef