• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Boycot mens basketball

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2,408
  • Days Won:  5

Seth's Schtick had run its course here, He got a head start at VT but now things look like a repeat of history there.  He can talk a good game and promote good and is a decent recruiter but the sum is less then the parts.  I Was not sorry to see him go.  Then I got what I deserved in RM.  Who just couldn't handle the job.  Even though he  (RM) won some big games it was only becasue we were so pathetic that teams overlooked us and we snuck up on some when it didn't really matter to the other team. ie gerogetown

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  118
  • Days Won:  1

If I'm not mistaken losers boycotted Seth Greenberg and that got us real far....who we going to get fran frischilla? 

I was at USF when Seth was there and hated to see that guy go.  It would be interesting to see what he could do here with new facilities coupled with the BE tag...

I'm reading along, agreeing with a lot, not all, of what you're saying and then ... BAM! You have a problem with what Stan's done, not done, here and you wanted MORE of Seth after his tenure here??? Mac actually accomplished things in his short time here that Seth couldn't in his 7 years ... namely, beating multple top 25 teams and actually advancing to the third day of the conference tourney. Stan's season last year was more impressive than any of Seth's ... Seth did the best he could with what he had to work with but that was 7 years of mediocrity exemplified.

I don't give Stan any credit for last year. It was all about one man. D-Jones, who Mac recruited.

• Content Count:  6,928
  • Days Won:  0

"Success is not final, Failure is not fatal: It is the courage to continue that counts."

Winston Churchill

• Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

Because that will help USF improve their historical basketball situation ::)

• Content Count:  7,693
  • Days Won:  2

I don't agree with the idea of a boycott, after all no one shows up as it is... instead we need a new coach in 2 years or so if we remain as is. We need to give Heath some time with the new Sun Dome to see if he can do anything with it.

Right now I can't blame Heath, the Sun Dome is like a turd world shanty when compared to other stadiums. Heck some high schools have a better facility.

If Heath bombs out then Woolard needs to go out and get a top 25 NCAA coach. We had one back in the 1980's, can't understand why we don't have one now.

• Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

I don't agree with the idea of a boycott, after all no one shows up as it is... instead we need a new coach in 2 years or so if we remain as is. We need to give Heath some time with the new Sun Dome to see if he can do anything with it.

Right now I can't blame Heath, the Sun Dome is like a turd world shanty when compared to other stadiums. Heck some high schools have a better facility.

If Heath bombs out then Woolard needs to go out and get a top 25 NCAA coach. We had one back in the 1980's, can't understand why we don't have one now.

Top 25 Coach? To come here?  You got 2 to 3 million.  That's the going rate these days.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,640
  • Days Won:  424

If I'm not mistaken losers boycotted Seth Greenberg and that got us real far....who we going to get fran frischilla? 

I was at USF when Seth was there and hated to see that guy go.  It would be interesting to see what he could do here with new facilities coupled with the BE tag...

I'm reading along, agreeing with a lot, not all, of what you're saying and then ... BAM! You have a problem with what Stan's done, not done, here and you wanted MORE of Seth after his tenure here??? Mac actually accomplished things in his short time here that Seth couldn't in his 7 years ... namely, beating multple top 25 teams and actually advancing to the third day of the conference tourney. Stan's season last year was more impressive than any of Seth's ... Seth did the best he could with what he had to work with but that was 7 years of mediocrity exemplified.

I don't give Stan any credit for last year. It was all about one man. D-Jones, who Mac recruited.

So why didn't we go .500 in the BE the previous two years and make a post season tourney? .... and if you're going to be that simplisticly myopic, give the credit to Howard, not Jones, another Mac recruit ..... who was fired because he couldn't recruit ... go figure.

• Content Count:  3,685
  • Days Won:  14

When I was at USF I went to a few basketball games, back in the B.B. Waldon/Seth Greenberg days.  Back then I never understood why more students didn't attend the games, which were free to students, on-campus, and generally entertaining.  Since I left I've been more a football fan, although I do check in with basketball every now and then. 

I was hoping Coach Heath would turn things around, and still think he can, if given a little more time.  It's frustrating to have to wait, particularly when you're only on campus for about four years.  But I think patience is key.  I can't see a top-25 coach taking a gamble on his carreer to come here when it's clear you've only got two or three years to build a program.  It seems unfair to the coach.  Then again, if Coach Heath doesn't turn things around by the end of his contract, AD Woolard should strongly consider making a change.  In either case, seems to me that future potential coaches need to have some faith that they'll be given a meaningful chance (i.e. more than two years) to turn things around.  In USF's case, it simply cannot be done in two or three years.  Perhaps it isn't impossible (I'm sure some of you will point out examples of where it has), but it is very difficult and highly unlikely.

To quote Conan, "be cool, my babies...."

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,640
  • Days Won:  424

In either case, seems to me that future potential coaches need to have some faith that they'll be given a meaningful chance (i.e. more than two years) to turn things around.

This is a point that should have been brought up more to shut up the buffoons when the talk started about canning Stan after this year  ...

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  17,492
  • Days Won:  13

Stan is a great basketball coach. We are lucky to have him.

Archived