• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Boycot mens basketball

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  6,767
  • Days Won:  3

I've been boycotting basketball since the mid nineties and it hasn't made one bit of difference.

On the flip side, however, the basketball team has been boycotting me. On several instances

where, extending the right hand of fellowship, and against better judgement and sage advice,

I relented and attended a game...I was once again welcomed to the bargaining table with yet

another resounding loss.

I, like so many others, will terminate my hoops boycott when both coach and team cease their

boycott of the 'W' column.

[move]:satan[/move]

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  1,913
  • Days Won:  2

Just so I have this right: the school with the lowest attendance of any major conference program in college basketball is suggesting a boycott. I'll ask this: After you fire the AD and the basketball coach, who are you reasonably going to hire to replace him, and how many fans will then show up during the transition year or two before "his" players come in?

• Content Count:  3,802

Just so I have this right: the school with the lowest attendance of any major conference program in college basketball is suggesting a boycott. I'll ask this: After you fire the AD and the basketball coach, who are you reasonably going to hire to replace him, and how many fans will then show up during the transition year or two before "his" players come in?

Less than nobody was advocating to fire the AD, smazza did. Enough said even if you don't spend much time reading here.

I guess because we have a mediocre program we should just keep our below mediocre coach indefinitely though because nobody else is readily apparent to replace him? What kind of logic is that?

There's got to be someone out there wanting to get into high level basketball. It'll be a risky move to hire someone who will in all likelyhood not have much HC experience but look at how well it's paid off to bring in a relatively successful coach. Go poach someone, anyone, even the water boy, off one of the Big 3's bench.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  17,492
  • Days Won:  13

:D

Greg just owned Reaper

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  17,492
  • Days Won:  13

anyone, even the water boy, off one of the Big 3's bench.

The Big 3 in florida all stink at basketball. (Although FSU is having a good year)

• Content Count:  1,797
  • Days Won:  0

Um, isn't UF rate 17th in the country?  Just sayin'.  This thread should be  :flush

Normal

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,640
  • Days Won:  424

Greg, seriously, don't bother .... You should know how losses like this bring them out ...  :angrymob

• Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

I thought the McCullum years were the worst years of USF basketballl?  ::) With what few season ticket holders we have, a boycott by us would be useless. Last night's loss was frustrating beyond belief to watch in person, but scrapping the players, coaches, the few fans we currently have, heck, even the ballboys, wouldn't fix what's wrong with USF basketball. Supporting USF basketball is truly a labor of love, and the day that we become "make into the Big Dance competitive (not just CBI or NIT invites)," will be the day that I say to myself, "I'm glad I stuck with my Bulls through the bad." There's nowhere to go but up from here, Bulls Fans.

• Content Count:  2,052
  • Days Won:  0

Greg didn't  own me... not just yet. My response to that would be... Greg, what is your explination for the success right away at West Virgina. (Spelling error intended by the way). Can you say Bob Hudgens? Ist year...entrance to NCAA, second the same. always putting up numbers. Can you say "EL SQUIDDY"? For those not in the know- John Calapari. His success at Kentucky goes notice. It herein lies with the upper echelon in chosing a coach. Heath was not the answer after mcCullum destroyed this team. We had a chance at Booby Knight, who was VERY interested in coming here to USF. "WE" didn't want him because "WE" didn't want his baggage. What did he do? Went in, first year mind you, and turned TT into a contender. So you see, it lies in the judgement of our AD. Spend the $$$ you have so carefully put away to get in a NAME coach. Our program also could turn around. In the meantime, I will continue with my boycot. And as many of you know, this is a very hard thing for me to do!

• Content Count:  3,802

anyone, even the water boy, off one of the Big 3's bench.

The Big 3 in florida all stink at basketball. (Although FSU is having a good year)

Stink is a strong word for what they are. FSU has been the postseason 5 years in a row, Miami hasn't been under .500 in 8 years, and UF is consistently on the fringe of the top 25. They all recruit decently and actually know the area. Heath with his midwest ties is trying to sell a kid on a school he's never heard of. At least we have some notoriety around the state, if we could have a coach with FL ties that'd help a lot.

If UCiF can get a coach that runs a good system and knows how to recruit then we can too. He was an assistant at UF for 11 years and immediately has increased their recruiting profile.

Archived